We at Trek Mates are organizing a Trek to Harishchandragad starting from Khireshwar side on 13th and 14th June, starting on 12th night.
Harishchandragad: The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the Medieval period. The Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate on Taramati/Rohidas in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period.
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 4500 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Grade: easy (5.5 hrs trek)
Base Village: Khireshwar
Taramati: This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad (This will be visited only if time permits.)
Konkan Kada: The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water.
The itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
- We will meet at Kalyan station at 10.00 pm sharp on 12th at Pf No.1,below the indicator.
- (the late comers won’t be entertained, as we will be booking our tickets in advance, for the bus starting at 10.30 pm)
- Further, we reach Khubi Phata by 1.30 am & walk to Khireshwar (around 6 km) till 3.00 am.
- We’ll rest here till 6 in the morn, have breakfast, & start our trek by 7-30 am.
- It takes around 4-5 hrs to reach the top.
- So we will reach the top by 1.00pm & rest in d caves after lunch.
- Visit Kokan Kada in evening to watch sunset.
- Have dinner, songs, etc & go to sleep in the caves.
- sunday early morning visit Taramati peak 4 a sunrise view(if the rain permits), back to Cave, have breakfast.
- Leave 4 Khireshwar by 10 am .
- Reach Khireshwar by 2 or 3.00 pm, have our lunch.
- Start back to Mumbai by 9 or 10 pm.
pune ppl pls check out the timings to reach khubi phata till 1.00 am.
you will get a bus from ale phata for the same.
The charges of the trek are RS 500/per head, which includes
- Travel expenditure from kalyan to kalyan.
- 1 dinner (Saturday),
- 1 lunch (Sunday),
- Tea, refreshments, etc.
Things To Be carried:
- Lunch for Saturday,
- A bottle of water (Atleast 2 Ltrs),
- Candles and TORCH with extra batteries (compulsory).
- Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
- 2-3 bunch of papers
- proper bedding,
- Rains are expected, so pack yr bags accordingly to save them from getting wait.
- Cap, etc.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
For more details,
please contact on the nos. below for registration:
Nilesh Patil: 9967436211.
Priti Patel: 9869524260
Prasad Tandale: 9870491140