Hey there Friends,
After a short break of couple of months NB is back again with the trek to Siddhagad.
Here is some Info about Siddhagad:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3232 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Narivali
Siddhagad: Here we can see few remenants of the fort that was battled over between British and maratha army, a shiva Temple, some broken cannons, few water cisterns. Facing towards Siddhagadh on the left one can see Gorakhgadh & Macchindragadh.This place is also known in Indian Freedom movement as two freedom fighters (Bhai Kotwal & Hiraji Patil) was shot dead at this place by Britisher on 2nd Jan 1943.
Rendezvous: Kalyan ST Depot(West) at 2.00PM (Sharp) near the inquiry counter.
The itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
ST Bus/Jeep from Kalyan to Murbad(~1hrs) – Mhasa (~30 min)- Uchale(~30min)
Walk to Machi of Siddhagad where we camp for the nite (~2.5hrs) and will have the dinner.
Early morning we will set off to top of Siddhagad (~1.5hrs) to avoid the heat
On getting to top, we will explore the fort and take in the sights around the fort & start back down
After getting back to machi we will have breakfast will visit some remanants of the fort near machi and will move to the base.
Back at Kalyan ST Depot at around 5 in the evening.
The cost of this trek would be Rs.250/- only and would include Travel from Kalyan to Kalyan, Coffee, Dinner on Sat. and breakfast on Sunday
If interested, please contact on the nos. below for registration latest by friday nite (19th June,2009) :
Parag: 9820973705 (W)
Pinak: 9987562162 (C)
Mandar: 9869269928 (C)
Hemant: 9819786136 (C)
Sameer: 9820972043 (W)
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Pls do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
2. Atleast 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin.
3. A good torch with a 2 spare set of batteries. (COMPULSORY)
4. A sleeping bag/Foam Mat/Blanket to sleep on with a pillow and blanket.
5. Soap and other accompaniments.
6. Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
7. Atleast 2 ltrs of water.
Few rules that we would like ppl follow:
1. Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the trek. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek.
2. Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke.
3. Smoking will only be permitted while we stop at a clearing and not otherwise.
4. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
5. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
6. Pls do not wear any jewellry or gold chains/rings.
Those interested in having a look at the aerial view of the region can click on this link:
Here are some photographs of the earlier trek when we visited this fort couple of years back.