Region: Lonavla. MAP
Height: 3400 ft.
Type: Hill Fort.
Cost: Rs. 150/-
The journey starts with the Indrayani express which is from thane station at 6.10 am.
People interested should reach thane station near platform no.1 (ticket counter) till 5.50 am, with a single journey ticket to lonavala. (Plz get your respected stations at least half an hour earlier, as there might be a long queue for the tickets).
The charges for this trek is Rs 150/- each, Which includes traveling from lonavala till back to Mumbai, Breakfast, tea,refreshment etc.
Train Timings: Indrayani Exp
Dadar – 5.51am
Thane- 6.14 am
Kalyan- 6.35 am
Lonavala- 8.00 am
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has
hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (3 Ltrs).
3. Lunch for sunday.
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes, wind cheater.
Snaps Lohgad trek:
For Reg. & more details, contact Our “Rangers”
Ananda 98922 19155 .
Sudhir 98212 18771.
plz do sms if call not received.
Rules & Regulation of “VRangers”
Though we started off very late (10.45 AM!!), we visited and explored Bhaje Caves and moved on for Lohagad. We reached on fort at 1.00 PM and believe me it was beyond expectations!
The activities performed during this trek: Lohgad
1. Tempo journey
2. Bhaje caves visit
3. Exploring Lohgad
4. Rock/wall climbing at Vinchu kathi machi (well done by all)
6. Pond cleaning
7. Extra ordinary fun in Indrayani
The remarkable activity performed was ‘pond cleaning’ by leader Ananda. Pond cleaning is a good idea, because it enables you to remove any old decomposing material such as leaves etc.Some may argue that nature doesn’t “clean” ponds why should you? to that I say, nature doesn’t have a hole with a liner in it.
The water was chilling and killing! He was the one who jumped in chilled water and cleaned by pulling out dirty bottles and plastic from the pond. Few villagers took this positively. Although two or three of them also jumped in, one of them helped him to clean the pond.