After enjoying trek of Peth, NB is back again with another beautiful trek to Fort Sarasgad.
Here is some info About Sarasgad:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1433 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Pali
Shree Ganesh is the deity of knowledge. Pali is a famous place. Lord Ganesh is worshipped everywhere. The eight places, which are important pilgrimages of Ganesh, are called “Ashtavinayak”. Lord Ganesh of Pali is named Ballaleshwar. Sarasgad is situated on the borders of Pali. A very huge wall of Sarasgad is at the north south border of Pali.
This fort was mainly used to keep a check on the surrounding regions. From fort, ‘Pali’ and all surrounding areas can be seen. Shivaji Maharaj brought this fort under Swarajya and spent 2000 Hon (the prevailing currency) for its reconstruction. Till independence this fort was under Bhor Sansthan.
Rendezvous: Thane, at 5.45Am Sharp on 19th July. We would be heading to base village of fort by bus and should be back in Mumbai at 8.00pm appox
The Itinerary for the trek is as as given below:
>S.T. Bus from Thane to Pali (~4.0hrs)
>Rules and Regulations (~0.25hrs)
>Trek to Sarasgad (~2.0hrs)
>Lunch at Sarasgad (~1.0hrs)
>Sightseeing atop Sarasgad (~2.0hrs)
>Descend down to Pali (1.0hrs)
>Back to the bus depot and start return journey by 5:30 PM bus.
The cost of this trek would be Rs300/- only and would include Travel from Thane to Thane and Breakfast
If interested, please contact on the nos. below for registration. Last date of Registration: Saturday 18th July
Tanmaya Ingale: 9773524683,9323611032 (C)
Mandar Saraf: 9869269928(C)
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
2. At least 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin.
3. Soap and other accompaniments.
4. Lunch for the day
5. Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
6. At least 2 liters of water.
Few rules that we would like people to follow:
1. Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the trek. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek.
2. Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke.
3. Smoking will only be permitted while we stop at a clearing and not otherwise.
4. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
5. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
6. Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
7. Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “When you go to the mountain leave only your footprints and bring back only memories”
Those interested in having a look at the aerial view of the region can click on this link:
Here are some photographs of the earlier trek when we visited this fort couple of years back.