Rajmachi; the name itself sounds Majestic & Royal. The evergreen & ever popular twin forts of Rajmachi are well known to see a lot of footfalls during the season when the skies open up & pour their hearts out to create waterfalls on the entire route.
With the generous hospitality of the villagers; the stay in actual huts with excellent home made food & the serenity at the temple courtyard as well as the village pond is not worth a miss!
We, at Nisarga Bhraman, have decided to lead the pack with the trek to Rajmachi scheduled for the coming weekend. Welcome aboard!
Here is some info About Rajmachi:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3000 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Kondivade/ Tungarli
Rendezvous: Meet at Dadar (Central) station at 6.40 sharp on PF. No. 4 at the extreme Karjat end of the platform, for the uninitiated: The Motormans end of the platform!
The train halts at Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund, Thane, Dombivali, & Kalyan. Those staying enroute can get in at these stations
Please ensure that you Purchase return tickets till Karjat.
For the late comers, missing the train would mean taking the Mumbai-Pune Deccan Express till Karjat. Please note that the local tickets are not valid on Express trains, u need to purchase a separate ticket, so save the trouble & be there on time!
The Itinerary for the trek is as as given below:
Train from Dadar to Karjat (~2.0hrs)
Rules and Regulations (~0.25hrs)
Walk to Sri Ram Pul (~0.25hrs)
Rickshaw to Kondivade (~0.5hrs)
Trek from Kondivade to Tamarind Tree (~0.25hrs)
Trek from Tamarind Tree to First Plateau (~0.25hrs)
Trek from First Plateau to Mezzanine Plateau (~0.25hrs)
Trek from Mezzanine Plateau to Second Plateau (~0.25hrs)
Trek from Second Plateau to Overhang Rock (~0.5hrs)
Trek from Overhand Rock to Third Plateau (~0.5hrs)
Trek from Third Plateau to Fence (~0.5hrs)
Walk to Rajmachi/Udhewadi village (~0.15hrs)
* Monsoon is one of the most beautiful seasons & there is no better way to make the most of it than to frolic in the numerous waterfalls that line the route. Though we have a set schedule, the kid in us would love to revel in the waterfalls too…so get feel free to take a dip!
On getting to the village, a sumptuous unlimited meal awaits us.
The ordeals of the day, the frolicking in the waterfalls, and the finger licking lunch would definitely lead a lot of us into wonderland…. A small nap post lunch would be the order of the day.
Post nap, we would head towards the lake & temple for a stroll & spend a peaceful evening till sun down.
On getting back to the village, all the cannibals would have a pleasant surprise! The exact reason for the Huge Success/Popularity of this trek with NB in all seasons would be revealed: Authentic Marathi Style Chicken Curry with all accompaniments.
Veggies need not be disappointed, there would be an equally magnificent dinner awaiting them.
We would end the feasting with a sweet dish & head to bed.
Note: Kindly mention you choice (Veg/Non Veg) at the time of registrations.
>Morning bells would be sounded at 6.00AM Sharp.
>After morning ablutions, we would head for sightseeing to the twin forts of Manoranjan & Srivardhan.
>After summiting both forts, we would head back to the village for lunch and leisure
before we get ready for the descent back to Kondivade.
>We would be reaching Karjat by 6.00PM and taking the 6.37PM fast local for Mumbai CST.
The cost of this trek would be Rs. 450/- only and would include:
* Travel from Karjat to Kondivade & Back
* Stay in typical village house
* 2 Unlimited Lunches, 1 Unlimited Dinner, 2 Tea & 1 Breakfast
If interested, please contact on the nos. below for registration. Last date of Registration: Friday 24th July
Rohit Nayak: 99200 81456
Parag Vartak: 98209 73705
Hemant Naik: 98197 86136
Those interested in having a look at the aerial view of the region can click on this link:
nformation & Rules
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
2. At least 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin.
3. Soap and other accompaniments.
4. Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
5. At least 1 litre of water.
Few rules that we would like people to follow:
1. Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the trek. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek.
2. Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke.
Note: All cigarette packets will have to be deposited with the Trek Leader at beginning of the trek & will be returned after the trek ends.
3. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
4. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
5. Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
6. Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories”