With the arrival of much awaited rains here in Mumbai, it has not exactly been fun considering all the water logging and congestion! Hence we, at Nisarga Bhraman have decided to feast on this opportunity and head to the scenic Bekare waterfalls situated at Bhivpuri. Not only is it a thrilling experience to rappel down amidst the waterfall but also a great rediscovery of the child in you to enjoy the rains in all its pleasantness! Enjoying meals in the fresh air with greenery surrounding from all ends is an added bonus. A perfect way to de-stress from the week and have a thrilling as well as enjoyable day out here with Mother Nature!
If you have that adventurous bug in you, now’s the time to give it an outdoorsy jig! Register yourself and others like you for this fantastic experience!
Here is some Info about Bekre:
Height of the Rappel: 80 Feet (Approx)
Base Village: Bekare
Rendezvous: Meet at Dadar (Central) station at 6.40 sharp on PF. No. 4 at the extreme Karjat end of the platform, for the uninitiated: The Motorman’s end of the platform!
The train halts at Kurla, Ghatkopar, Mulund, Thane, Dombivali, & Kalyan. Those staying enroute can get in at these stations.
Please ensure that you Purchase return tickets till Karjat.
For the late comers, missing the train would mean taking the next train which would be arriving after 40mins. You will miss out on all the fun, so make sure you be there on time!
The itinerary for the Event is as given below:
Train from Dadar to Bhivpuri Road (~1.75hrs)
Rickshaw from Bhivpuri to Bekre (~0.25hrs)
Trek from Bekre to Waterfall (~0.5hrs)
Introductions & Breakfast (~0.25hrs)
Instructions & Demonstration (0.5hrs)
We will begin the rappelling event once we are done with the Instructions and Demonstration. Our team of organizers is well trained and is equipped with the suitable and updated accessories suitable for the event.
Also later you can enjoy the wonderful combination of the rains coupled with the waterfalls. As a tradition every year, after the rappel; which only takes a few minutes, our participants all gather together and have a frolicking time in the overflowing waterfalls and enjoy themselves.
We would be getting back to Dadar at approx 9.00 PM (Subjective)
The cost of this Event would be Rs. 450 only and would include:
> Travel from Bhivpuri to Bhivpuri
> Breakfast & Tea
> Tea in the evening
> An Exciting Rappel on a Beautiful Waterfall (inclusive of equipment charges).
If interested, please contact on the nos. below for registration.
Last date of Registration: 1st August 2009
Rohit Nayak: 9920081456
Sameer Patel: 9820972043
Hemant Naik: 9819786136
Note: The number of participants for the event is limited, kindly register early to avoid disappointment.
Here is a list of all the things that need to be carried for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
2. At least 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin.
3. Soap and other accompaniments.
4. Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
5. At least 1 liters of water.
Few rules that we would like people to follow:
1. Alcohol will strictly not be permitted on the trek. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek.
2. Smoking will only be permitted after consultation with the Leader and the person will have to move away from the group to smoke.
Note: All cigarette packets will have to be deposited with the Trek Leader at beginning of the trek & will be returned after the trek ends.
3. The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
4. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
5. Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
6. Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, “Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories”
Visit our Community on Orkut “Nisarga Bhraman” @
For the Waterfall rappelling pictures conducted last year you can visit: