Hadsar Fort rises on a steep hill near the Nana pass valley eight miles north-west of Junnar and sixty miles north of Poona. The fort lies within the limits of Hadsar village at the foot of the fort. From Junnar the road to the hill lies along the valley of the Kukdi between two ranges of high hills. The road is easy and passable even for carts, but five miles from Junnar it is crossed by the Kukdi which during the rains is difficult to ford. The approach to the fort lies over a steep ravine guarded by an embrasured and loopholed wall twenty yards long, thrown between the fort and a small hill to the west which is 700 yards round. The approach near the top, a rock-cut staircase sixty-five yards long, leads to two rock-cut gateways without doors. The hill, which is about 3200 yards round, rises about 1000 feet above the Junnar plain It is surmounted by a steep natural scarp 150 to 200 feet high. On this scarp stands the fort in shape a triangle with two equal sides. Only the wall that joins the fort with the neighbouring hill is seen from below. Except by the two rock-cut gateways the fort has no entrance. Inside are a few ruins, the commandant’s office or kacheri, and a small temple. On the west a rock-cut passage leads to three underground chambers which are used as storerooms, one of them being filled with water. The water-supply is from several cisterns inside the fort.History.