Swachhand have organized TREK TO PEB GAD (VIKATGAD) near Matheran.
Duration : Dated 04th July, 2010 (One Day Trek)
Transportation: Through local transport, by Train
Meeting point: 04th July, 2010 at Bhandup Station 5.30a.m. (Platform no. 1 below indicator)
You can board the train at the station convenient to you and alight at Neral Station at 8.00 a.m.
|CST||05.19 am||05.40 am|
|Dadar||05.37 am||05.58 am|
|Kurla||05.48 am||06.09 am|
|Thane||06.14 am||06.35 am|
|Dombivali||06.36 am||06.57 am|
|Kalyan||06.45 am||07.07 am|
|Karjat||07.45 am||08.06 am|
All are requested to please buy local Train Return Tickets (from your starting destination up to Karjat Station).
The Cost for the trek is Rs.130/-
including: Tea,Breakfast,Snacks(Morning & Evening)
Not including : Train Travelling and Lunch
Little about the trek:
Type: Hill Fort
Fort Range: Matheran (Karjat)
Located in the mountain range as Matheran. Peb fort is an enjoyable trek for a day’s outing at a distance of 3-4 km on west side of Neral. The beautiful waterfall on the way is the attraction in the monsoon season. The fort derives it name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’. Peb is also called ‘Vikatgad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, ‘Ganesh’. The trek to the top involves surmounting a small rock patch and a ladder. Historical references indicates that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort as silos for grain storage. The fort is famous for its caves which are maintained by disciples of Swami Samartha and the meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. To get inside the meditation chamber, one has to crawl through a narrow passage in the rock and then climb down into the meditation chamber. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear (Padukas) worn by the great saint. Another attraction of the trek is the only standing Bastion or Buruj facing the Panorama point of Matheran, the view from here is too beautiful to describe in words. Seeing around Peb you can see Chanderi, Mhasmal and of course Matheran.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:
Train from Bhandup to Neral (~2.0 hrs)
Round of introduction, rules and regulations, snacks (~0:30 hrs)
Start the trek & Reach the top (~3:00 hrs)
Lunch and Sightseeing (~2.0 hrs)
Descend down and departure for Mumbai
We should be back in Mumbai by 8:00 p.m.
What to Bring :
? Identity proof (must) ? Some ready-to-eat food ? Lunch for Sunday ? A bottle of water (at least 2 litre) ? Extra Pair of clothes ? Raincoat or Windcheater ? Polythene bag for your garbage
? Medicine if you require usually ? Comfortable shoes, sandals ? A haversack to put in all the things to be carried….so that one your hand is free while trekking ? Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Please note: It’s Rainy season, so pack your bags accordingly in plastic bags
A Common info for every trek in the monsoon season
* Now it is monsoon season and there are various rock patches in this route, so please take care at every place
For all your further queries and inquiries, kindly co-ordinate with Team Swachhand
Pravin – 9920404522, Rushikesh – 9967686828, Ganesh – 9619669104,
Aditya – 9920535003, Jayesh – 9892943980
(People who are staying at Dombivali and Kalyan, please contact to Mr. Sachin Shirawale – 9321507040)
Email: – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
General Rules for the participants and members:-
* Please come with your identity card on the trek.
* We all are going for the adventurous and interesting trek, so this is not the PICNIC or TOUR, please remember this.
* The leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members.
* Do not destroy archaeological or historical monuments.
* Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, drinking etc.
* Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc.
* Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
* Please note: We should strictly take care that no person from our group or outsider should get suffered due to any of our behaviours.
Thanks and Regards,