This week we paint a wall for people dedicated to animals – Friendicoes. We love them for what they do and in return Wall Project Delhi has decided to paint a wall themed around Animals.
Address: 271 & 273, Defence Colony Flyover Market (Jungpura Side)
In case you don’t know what this is all about – Please visit our page – http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=123971864302292&ref=ts and join us 🙂
Here is some info which will be helpful for you:
– it would be nice to come prepared with a thought about what you would like to paint and how much wall space you will require. Friendicoes wall has limited space and if you want a large canvas, we suggest you reach early.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
– its open to all. show up on 25th July 2010, 7am- 8pm and paint your style.
– if you are apprehensive about painting all by yourself then you could assist people who are painting.
– you could come as a group (friends, family etc) and paint.
– there is no guarantee that everybody will get a large canvas to paint. and in case you miss out on space, you are most welcome to join others and add elements/ideas.
TIPS WHILE BUYING PAINT –
1. acrylic distemper or acrylic emulsion that is water based, but waterproof.
2. oil paints – tend to be drippy, but give glossy look
3. get enough sandpaper to scrape off cement from the wall to make it smoother.
(you can get this at any hardware/paint shop)
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
* no adverts, no religious writings, no political slogans, no foul language, no obscenity, no self promotional messages, no nationalistic slogans on the wall.
* being a weekend/holiday some paint/hardware shops may be shut or close shop early, so you would want to check on what you require in advance.
*remember to clean up your area of paint and leave no left over paints or anything.
*please be courteous while sharing painting space with a new person as it’s a community project.
Thank you all and see you at the wall!