After the inaugural monsoon month where the ride took us to Peb, Tung, Peth and the exhilarating event of waterfall rappelling; Team Jungle Lore is set for another month of monsoon extravaganza with the same gusto. 1st August, 2010, Jungle Lore brings you a trek to Sagargad which has an added attraction of the famed Sagargad waterfalls.
Sagargad is situated near Alibag, on Mumbai-Alibag road & at a distance of 8 km before Alibag. There are two routes that lead to the top of the fort. One is from a village named Khandala and the other is from Vaghole. Both these villages lie on the bus-route to Alibag, from Mumbai. The route to Sagargad is a scenic one with lush green vegetation complimented by a relatively thick jungle. We would be taking the route from Khandala to reach to the top. The trek would take us to the Wanar Tok Point which offers panaromic views of Lush green valleys all around. Sagargad is well known for its mammoth waterfall.
Level : Medium ;
Cost : Rs.950/- per personCost including travel by chartered bus (Dadar to Dadar), Break-fast, Lunch, Evening refreshments & a Mineral water bottle.
Packed Breakfast in the bus includes (Tropicana Juice, Veg. Cheese Sandwich, Samosa, Cookies, Cake, Banana, and Energy Bar)
Meeting Point and Plan :
- 6:00 AM near Swami Narayan Mandir, Opp.Dadar Station, Dadar (E), Mumbai
- 6:15 AM sharp Departure to Khandala village, 8 kms before Alibaug
- 9.30 AM – Post a small briefing session regarding various aspects of the fort, we start our trek to Sagargad village.The route is a pleasant 2 – 3 hr hike, the surrounding area has lush green vegetation and life flows in every nook and corner of this region.
- 12:30 PM – We reach Sagarwadi village where packed lunch will be served. Post the hearty meal, we move ahead to visit the Wanar Tok Point, this point offers a panoramic view of the lush green valley that fills the scenery and overwhelms the senses.
- 4:30 PM we mark the end of the trek with a visit to Sagargad waterfalls. 6:30 PM we begin for Mumbai after a warm cup of tea and some snacks.