Lohagad is one of the many forts of Shivaji Maharaj, in the Sahyadris which he used mainly for the purpose of keeping his prisoners and his treasury. Lohagad is literally known as the “Iron fort” in Marathi. It is situated about 60 kms from Pune and about 100 kms from Mumbai. Lohagad is at a height of about 3000 feet.
The fort divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavna. The Visapur fort can be seen from the eastern side. A st…ructure called as the Vinchukata is seen on the western side and looks like the Scorpion’s Tail. The view from here is breathtakingly beautiful. The entrance to the fort is called as Delhi Gate and in addition to this there are 3 more gates. All the 4 gates are still in an intact condition.It is said that Nana Phadnavis built a big tank and a step-well (bawali), during the Peshwa reign.
The fort is surrounded by lakes on all four sides and the climb is absolutely scenic with lush green surroundings. During the monsoons, it the top of the fort gets surrounded by mist which looks pleasantly beautiful.
Grade : Easy
Charges :Rs. 800/-
The Charges include the following :
1) A Non – A/C transport facility from Mumbai / Pune to the Site and back.
2) Food – Breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea with Biscuits, would be provided. (Pl note – Food would be typical Indian Food)
3) Technical Experts (of Wildpaw Adventures)
The above mentioned cost does not include the following :
1) Any personal expense
2) Any cost on Soft Drinks / Mineral Water / Food of a personal choice.
3) In case of a situation wherein there is a change in the schedule, the cost for any extended stay will not be borne by Wildpaw Adventures.
Who can go on the trip??
Anyone between the age group of 6 to 60 years provided one does not suffer from any serious ailment.
In case you are on medication, we request you to inform the group beforehand, about the same. Decision made by the Group Leader will be final.
Dos and Donts :
1) A light baggage is advisable since you would have to carry your own luggage.
2) Being eco-friendly, we would strictly not allow any participant to litter the natural space. Any plastics or wrappers can be collected and brought back to the city!!
3) On the same lines, the wilderness of the region should not be pilfered with, considering its fragility.
4) Comfortable clothing like casual tees and track pants /loose trousers would be preferable to a tight attire.
5) Any Sports Shoes or Canvas Shoes is advisable. Strictly no chappals or heels. Floaters, an extra pair, can be got along.
6) At least 2 bottles of water (filled with water) is a MUST.
7) Cap, Sunscreens, chocolates, munchies, Camera, binoculars, Odomos, etc are optional.
8) Protective Gear for the Rains – raincoat/cheater/poncho is preferable over an umbrella.
9) Clothes for a change, A personal Toilet Kit with a towel, hand napkin, toilet paper, etc.
10) If under medication, please notify the Group – in Charge, with the details written on a paper.
11) Photo Identity
Kindly note there might be some last minute changes, depending upon the prevailing weather conditions.
So join us for the same and enjoy the thrilling experience of hiking through the lush green, beautiful and serene environment around!!
For any queries or confirmations, please call 0-9769651849 / 0-9867251849 at the earliest.
0-9769651849 / 0-9867251849