Pargad Hanmantgad Amboli Trek Itinerary
Trek Location – Dodamarg & Sawantwadi (Dist Sindhudurg), Chandgad (Dist Kolhapur)
Date – 27th Aug to 29th Aug 2010
Fees – Rs. 1200/- approximate
Approach – From Kolhapur
Things to carry
1. Good bag to keep all your belongings and small sack for trekking to keep water bottle, camera and other essentials.
2. Wear full sleeves shirt and full length trousers to avoid insect bytes
3. Additional pair of clothes.
4. Windcheater and rain gear
5. Light Woolen sweater, Monkey cap (night temperatures can be cold)
6. Socks, Shoes (sports shoes or trekking shoes)
7. Pair of slippers / floaters (optional for campsite)
8. Water bottles (preferably 2 litres)
9. Plate, spoon, small glass / mug
10. Carry mat and sleeping bag
12. Lunch for 28th Aug 2010
13. Personal medicines
14. Chocolates / Paper mint
Rules and Regulations
1. This is an eco friendly trek. So do not litter waste anywhere
2. Wrappers of chocolates should not be thrown anywhere. Please carry it back to your home for disposal.
3. Consumption of liquor, cigarettes of any of the tobacco products is strictly not allowed.
4. Do not wear shorts, sleeveless clothes even at the campsite
5. Keep some space in the sack vacant to accommodate snacks or other stuff given by unit
6. Don’t carry any valuables with you
7. Please carry your valid YHAI membership card (for members only)
8. For non members please carry some other photo id
9. Non members will have to pay extra fees of 10%
10. Trek fees mentioned is approximate and may vary depending on actual expenditure
11. Organizers of the trek keep the right to modify or cancel the program in the best interest of the organization
Emergency & Trek Leaders Contact
Trek Leader – Madhukar Dhuri 9820320295 , Trek Leader – Gayatri Singh 9920974886
Emergency Contact – Vasant Ghadigaonar 9869205134, 9892115188, 02224165703
Journey starting point – Mumbai 27th Aug 2010 0830 pm (Mumbai to Kolhapur Mahalaxmi Express)
Journey ending point – Mumbai 29th Aug 2010 0730 am (Kolhapur to Mumbai Mahalaxmi Express)
Starting Trailhead – Kolhapur
Route Day 1 – Board Mahalaxmi express to Kolhapur from CST.
Route Day 2- Reach Kolhapur and board private vehicle for onward journey and sight seeing. Visit Gandharvagad, Pargad, Kalanidhigad, Tirali ghat top point (Optional) by bus. Trek from respective base villages (goraj, isapur, patne)
Camp Day 2 – Amboli
Route Day 3 – Visit Hanmantgad by bus. Trek from base village fukeri. Amboli sight seeing by bus and return to Kolhapur to board Mahalaxmi express.
Route Day 4 – Reach Mumbai CST by 0730 am (Mahalaxmi Express)