Although Matheran can be accessed through various entry points, the most scenic route of them all is definitely the One Tree Hill route. This route cross a river, climbs up a ridge, enters a forest where due to heavy fog, one can’t see the person walking in front. We enter Matheran through the One Tree Hill Point, and then traverse across Matheran to reach Dastoorie, from where we cab it down to Neral station
6:30 – …Meet at Dadar Overhead Bridge
9:00 – Reach Karjat via local train
9:30 – Reach base village Borgaon via ST Bus and begin the trek
13:00 – Reach One Tree Hill Point in Matheran. Lunch
13:30 – Start walking towards Dastoorie
14:30 – Catch a Cab for Neral Station
16:30 – Catch a train for Dadar
18:00 – Reach Dadar
Things to carry:
1. Good sack to pack all your belongings.
2. Dress in trek pants and T-shirts along with comfortable sports shoes.
3. Lunch for the day. For example: Sandwiches / Biscuits / Theplas etc. anything which is light in weight and dry.
4. Water bottles. (At least 2).
5. Extra pair of clothes to change, Cap.
6. Personal Medication if any
7. Camera (Optional).
8. Weather suited gear. Win cheater or any other protection from rain (please for god’s sake do not bring an umbrella!)
Cost: Rs.250 per head.
The above cost includes the following:-
1. Local breakfast
2. Travel (from start point to end point)
3. Services of a guide (if reqd)
It does not include:-
2. Any personal expenses
For further details call us on the following numbers or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rahul – 9820018399
Deepam – 9821416498
Siddhesh – 9004071814
Swapnil – 9833589948
The Sahyadris are relatively safe for trekking. Most of the accidents in these mountains have been due to the foolhardiness of humans. It is very easy to prevent any kind of unfortunate accidents by using plain simple common sense and avoiding unnecessary risks and bravado. Always respect Mother Nature.
Trekking is as much a team sport as it is an individual activity. While all team members do help out each other, at the same time it is also necessary not to be a burden on someone by taking unnecessary risks. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, Trekventures cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
Avoid littering! Kindly ensure all city waste is carried back or disposed off appropriately.
SMOKING, CONSUMPTION OF LIQUOR AND DRUGS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE TREK.