At a height of approx 1500 ft, this hill fort adjacent to Matheran is also known as Vikatgad. Ideal for a one day hike, the scenic route takes one through several waterfalls, a thick forest and to top it off, a ridge walk which, weather permitting, leaves one with the feeling that he is walking amidst clouds. At the top, there is a cave, a temple and ruins of the old fort. A few feet away from the main cave, there is a tunnel which leads approximately 20 feet inside the mountain face, to a meditation chamber.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
0600 – Meet at Dadar
0730 – Reach Panvel via ST Bus. Breakfast
0900 – Reach Base Village Maldunge via local transport. Trek Begins
1230 – Reach the top. Lunch
1330 – Begin return
1630 – Reach Base Village
1730 – Reach Panvel via local transport
1900 – Reach Mumbai via local train
Things to carry:
1. Good sack to pack all your belongings.
2. Dress in trek pants and T-shirts along with comfortable sports shoes.
3. Lunch for the day. For example: Sandwiches / Biscuits / Theplas etc. anything which is light in weight and dry
4. Water bottles. (At least 2).
5. Extra pair of clothes to change, Cap.
6. Personal Medication if any
7. Camera (Optional).
8. Weather suited gear. Wincheater or any other protection from rain (please for god’s sake do not bring an umbrella!)
Cost: Rs.250 per head.
The above cost includes the following:-
1. Local breakfast
2. Travel (from start point to end point)
3. Services of a guide (if reqd)
It does not include:-
2. Any personal expenses
For further details write to us on email@example.com or call us on the following nos.
Rahul – 9820018399
Deepam – 9821416498
Siddhesh – 9004071814
The Sahyadris are relatively safe for trekking. Most of the accidents in these mountains have been due to the foolhardiness of humans. It is very easy to prevent any kind of unfortunate accidents by using plain simple common sense and avoiding unnecessary risks and bravado. Always respect Mother Nature.
Trekking is as much a team sport as it is an individual activity. While all team members do help out each other, at the same time it is also necessary not to be a burden on someone by taking unnecessary risks. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, Trekventures cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
Avoid littering! Kindly ensure all city waste is carried back or disposed off appropriately.
SMOKING, CONSUMPTION OF LIQUOR AND DRUGS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE TREK.