Yuvazhep: Kaas Expedition on 2&3 Oct 2010
Yuvazhep is happy to announce trip to Kaas plateau on 2nd and 3rd October 2010.To enhance the joy of trip we are adding visit to Sajjangad and Thoshegar waterfall.
Event Name : Trek to Kaas Platu, Thoseghar waterfall and Sajjangad , Ajinkyatara fort and Windmills (if time permits)
Duration : 2 Days
Fees : Rs. 1750/-
Including traveling by private bus, all food and accommodation.
About Kaas Plateau:
An exotic journey to world of colours. 25 kms from satara.A treat not only botanist but also for photographers and nature lovers. Tha kaas Plateau has wide variety of flowers of all colours which bloom in August – October every year.Kaas boost not only flowers like pink balsam, yellow sonki, purple karvi etc but also welcomes birds like Crested Buntings, Malabar Crested Larks, Oriental White-eyes, Bonelli’s Eagle
This plateau overlooks the lush evergreen forests and is water catchment area of Koyna Dam and is recently declared as “Sahyadri Tiger reserve”.Kaas lake is also a beauful place to visit
Thoshegar waterfall is is famous for its height which is about 115 mts and enchanting surroundings of dark woods and beautiful lake. Wide range of Windmills near chalkewadi can be seen from here.
Sajjangad is where Samarth Ramdas had his Samadhi.Its located at a distance of 9 kms from Satara. Sajjangad Fort was the spiritual capital of Shivshahi during the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji. 750 steps leads to the entrance of the fort located 3000 feet above sea level. Its an honor to be at a place sanctified by the feet of Samrath Ramdas Swami.
Things to carry:
* Trekking or sports shoes
* Sleepers if require
* All personal things (like tooth paste, brush, soap etc…)
* Water bottle (atleast 2 Ltrs)
* Cap, goggle if require
* Extra clothing
* Personal medicine if any
* Sleeping bag/ caramet
* Shawl / Chaddar
* Powerful Torch
* Wrap all things (especially camera & cell phone) in polythene bags.
* Avoid wearing valueable ornaments
Rules and Regulations
* Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
* No shortcut in trek
* Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
* Shorts (3/4th will do), sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
* This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid inconvenient to all other participants.
* Keep the campsite clean
Pick up points will be announced soon.
Your seat will be confirmed only after advance payment of Rs. 1200/- before 27th Sept 2010.
No refund of fees will be made for any cancellation then after.
Online Money Transfer Facility Is Available :
ICICI Bank, Dombivali MIDC Branch,
Ac No: 008801029353
Pradnesh Vaidya : 9702394864
Sheetal Durve : 9819307554
mail us : http://yuvazhep.blogspot.com/
Some of our photos