Date: 03rd October 2010
Patta at a glance….
Patta, the hill fort is situated in Nasik region.
The fort is situated at a height of 4562 feet above MSL (mean sea level).
The range of Sahyadri ,starting from Igatpuri is also recognized as the range of Kalsubai. Towards the western side of this range we can find forts like Alang , Madan and the Kalsubai peak. Towards the eastern side of this range the forts like Aundh ,Bitangad , Aad and Patta are situated.
There are two different routes which can lead us to the fort. One route starts from Patta wadi, which is the base village of this fort. This route is very easy and we can reach to the top early, as Patta wadi is itself situated on the plateau.
The other route to this fort is from the Ninavi village.
The Maratha army, under the leadership of Moropant pingle had conquered this fort in the year 1671 from Moghuls.The top of this fort is actually a huge plateau. The forts like Alang , Madan , Kulang , Trimbak gad and Kalsubai peak are in the vicinity of Patta. From Patta fort one can keep watch on this complete region.Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj has renamed this fort as Vishramgad.
In the year 1688 Matabarkhan had re conquered this fort.
What to see on Patta
* Temple of Pattai Devi..
* Historical remains.
Schedule of Trek
* First Pickup Point : 02nd October 2010 , 10:30 p.m at Aarey Colony Junction.(Goregaon east)
* Second Pickup Point : 02nd October 2010,11:30 p.m near Vishwamahal Hotel.(Mulund West)
* We will reach to base village by 07:00 a.m on 3rd Oct from where we will start our trek.
* Back to Mumbai by Evening 09:00 pm
Contribution for this trek is Rs.650/- (Advance Contribution Rs.350/-)
1. Confirmation of names for participation is subject to payment of advance trek contribution.
2. Organizers are not responsible for safety of any of valuable items of participants.
3. This is eco-friendly trek so everyone has to take care of nature around us.
4 Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation.
5 What you will bring is Water Bottle, Glass, Spoon, Shoes, Cap, Ruck Sack, Extra pair of clothes, personal medicine (if any).
Enroll yourself for this Trek on www.aasamant.com
Contact for Details
Rupali Kadam : 9819486782
Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Amit Nanivadekar : 9819274977
A-13, Ankur Palace, Shimpoli Road, Borivali (West)
Visit us at: www.aasamant.com