Now Kalpavihar Adventure is glad to announce a Beautiful Trek To Jivdhan – Hadsar – Chavand
Name of Event
Trek to Jivdhan – Hadsar – Chavand
Date 09th – 10th Oct. 10 (we are leaving on 08th Oct)
Duration 02 Days
Fees Rs. 1050/-
Pick up points
11.00 pm Borivali (East side New ticket Window)
11.30 pm Sion (On the bridge)
12.00 pm Thane (Teen Haath Naka)
Included in fees – Travelling by private bus, breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening tea.
FortHeight : 3754 ft
Grade : Hard
The terrain in Maharashtra is highly uneven, and is primarily divided as coastal plains and eastern plateau. These are connected by ghats.
Jivdhan lies at the mouth of Naneghat, and is a quite tougher one. Moreover it is famous for the pinnacle Vandarlingi. The whole range of these forts originated during the rule of Satvaahan era. This is clear from the entrances carved out in stone. The fort stands at an important position and most important guard of Naneghat. From here any help to Naneghat could reach in less time.
In 1818, the British captured all the forts here and destroyed them. Jivdhan too became a victim and the main entrance was destroyed. Even today the marks of those wounds cannot go unnoticed as we climb the fort.
FortHeight : 3200 ft.
Grade : Medium
Hadsar is a beautiful fort located in this region. Fort Hadsar, also known as Parvatgad, was constructed during the Satvaahanas and was heavily inhabited during that period. It is located on the outskirts of Ahmednagar (known commonly as Nagar) to control the trade route passing through Naneghat. Documentary evidences show that Hadsar was one of the forts exchanged in the 1637 treaty between Shahaji Raje and the Mughals.
The entrance gates of the fort of Hadsar are epitomes of the medieval architecture. Twin doors in a tunnel-like entranceway, steps carved out of the rock and the â€œGomukhiâ€ construction of the entrance are worth studying.
A splendid view of the Manikdoh dam and its surroundings enriches this place. The whole range of Chavand, Naneghat, Shivneri, Bhairavgad and Jeevdhan is visible from here.
FortHeight : 3400 ft.
Grade : Medium
Sahyadri is not just a mountain range, but it is a great treasure of history, the history of the struggle by the great Marathas, & ancient Satvaahans, who left for us with their fine arts with which very few modern carvings can be compared. The Satvaahans ruled what is today called the state of Maharashtra, & their great regime is commemorated by the remnants of the forts & caves they constructed in the heart of the Sahyadris. The whole range that has been guarding the ancient commercial route of Naneghat for thousands of years includes the forts of Jeevdhan, Hadsar, and Mahishgad & Chavand. These belong to the Satvaahan era. And Chavand being one of them is a very significant one.
Situated at a height of 3400ft from sea level, the fort houses many a remnant of constructions that take us about 800 years back into the time. The fort is in Pune district, at a distance of 20 km from the city of Junnar. The region at the foothills of the fort contains exotic flora & fauna. It was here that we could spot at least 12 varieties of birds. Village of Chavandwadi lies at the base of the fort.
You have to bring
* A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has their hands free while trekking. Please do not carry Sling bags, Jholas, handbags/shoulder bags etc.
* Shoes with Good Grip for trekking. (Sports/Jungle/Trek Shoes). Please do not wear sandals, chappals or floaters, girls are requested not to wear high heel footwear.
* Floaters or Chappals for return journey
* Cap, goggle if require
* Identity proof (compulsory).
* Water bottle (min. 2 ltr.)
* Spare set of cloths
* Personal medicine if any
* Carrymat / Sleeping bag
* Shawl / Chaddar/Sweater
* Plate, glass, bowl, spoon
* Wrap all things (especially camera & cell phone) in polythene bags.
* Optional things: Camera, Binoculars.
* Please avoid bringing valuables, jewellery or expensive things. We accept no responsibility for anything that is misplaced.
After receiving the mail or SMS or call, we will block your seat on temporary basis for 48 hrs.
You have to pay the advance Rs. 750/- before 06th Oct. and confirm your participation.
Now you can pay directly through bank transfers to our IDBI account.
Kindly get back to us for account details.
Rules & Regulation
* Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
* No shortcut in trek
* Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
* Shorts, sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
* This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to a
void inconvenient to all other participants.
* Keep the campsite clean
* Your seat will be confirmed only after advance payment of Rs. 750/- before 06th Oct.
For booking & other details contact:
Vaishali G. Desai- 9820684723