Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Type: Hill Cave
Height: 2300 feet above mean sea level
Base Village: Sandashi.
Difficulty Rating: Medium.
About the place:
Dhak-Bahiri is one of da most thrilling treks & requires tremendous guts 2 climb using the grips in a straight cliff. Its one of the best challenges in Sahyadri. The fort was discovered by great historian G.N.Dandekar
An important part of this thrilling trek is cave that is situated on other side of fort & d way goes through dense vegetation. Ascend da rock patch where a bamboo & a rope r used 2 climb 2 the caves. The caves r sacred as the Lord of Bahiri resides here. Frm the caves, v can hav glance of da terrifying beauty of peaks of Sahyadri.
12:30 am(23rd oct. Saturday Midnight) : Reporting at Dadar Station. (pls carry your own return ticket to Karjat Station)
12:55 am: Proceed to Karjat by 12.55am Karjat local. Travel time approx 2 hours.
03.15 am: We will reach at Karjat station.
03:15 am to 05.00 am: Rest at Karjat st stand.
05.00 – 05.30 am: Break fast at Karjat.
05.45 am: We will catch bus to go to Sandashi (base village).
06.45 am: Reach at sandashi.
06.45 am to 07.00 am: Introduction and other formalities.
07.00 am: Start trek From Sandashi towards Bahiri caves. Trek time approx 4hrs.
12.00am: Reach at Bahiri Caves.
12.00am to 01.00pm: Explore the cave & photography.
01.00 pm to 02.00 pm : Lunch
02.30pm: Start descending the cave.
06.00 pm: Reach at sandashi.
06.30 pm: Catch bus to karjat.
7.30 pm: Reach karjat.
07.30 pm to 08.00pm : Evening snacks & Tea.
08.40 pm : Catch return local to Dadar.
Charges: Rs. 300/- per person
Expert Guidance for the trek. : Karjat – Bahiri Caves – Karjat.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. Your own return ticket to Karjat station.
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, insect repellent cream (Odomos or similar brand).
7. A good trekking shoes, shawl, bedding and extra clothes (compulsory).
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Call us on following numbers. Please confirm your seat before 21/10/2010.
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
For Registration & more details, contact Our “Yatri’s”.
Rahul Dighe: 9076067126.
Nityanand Naik: 9819818132.
Suhas Sagvekar : 9820257757.
Srikant Pillai: 7666905040/9920305779.
Gavin Dsilva: 9819661460.
Send mail us on: email@example.com.