Location: Near Khed (20-21 Nov 2010)
Mahipatgad is situated in Ratnagiri district, near Khed.Height of Mahipatgad is 3090 feet.
At around 12 miles from Khed the mountain range of Rasal-Sumar and Mahipatgad are situated. Mahipatgad is the tallest amoung these three forts.Way to Mahipat passes through the forest.Top of this fort is a plateau covered with a forest.
There are lot of ruins of old structures in these woods , but it is really challenging to find one , as it is spread over 120 acres.
There were totally 6 gates to enter this fort.
* Pusati Darwaja towards East
* Khed Darwaja towards South
* Shivganga Darwaja towards West
* Kotwal Darwaja towards North
* Laal Devdi Darwaja towards North East
* Yashwant Darwaja towards South East
Now we can see only few ruins of these gates.
On the fort there is a temple of God Pareshwar , which can be used for the night halt. From the top of Mahipat we can enjoy the view of Sumargad , Rasalgad ,Makrandgad ,Chakdev , Plateau of Mahabaleshwar.If we gwt clear weather we can also see Arabian Sea .
The main attraction of this trek is the night halt in the forest of Mahipatgad.
From the base village Dahivali it takes around 3 n half to 4 hours to reach to the top of Mahipatgad.
* First Pickup Point : 19th November 2010 , 10:30 pm at Aarey Colony Junction.(Goregaon east)
* Second Pickup Point : 19th November 2010,11:30 pm near Vishwamahal Hotel.(Mulund West)
* We will reach base village(Dahivali) by 6.00 am on 20thNovember 2010.
* We will commence our trek by 7.00 am.
* We will reach on the top by 11.00 am.
* Mahipatgad darshan till evening.
* Night halt on Mahipatgad.
* Back to Mumbai by 21st November Evening 09:00 pm.
Contribution for this trek is Rs.1200/- per person.(Advance contribution Rs.700/-)
**Aasamant reserves all rights to make changes in the plan , if required.
Contact for Details
Amit Nanivadekar : 9619917878
Santosh Bhide : 9930660731
Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Tushar Nidambur : 9892000782
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Rupali Kadam : 9819486782