Hi mountaineers ….. !!
‘Kalpavihar Adventure’ is glad to announce a Beautiful Trek To RAJMACHI, Lonavla Along with sagas of incredible valour & heroic deeds as told by Mrs. Shilpa Parab-Pradhan
Rajmachi is very famous fort near twin hill stations in Maharashtra – Lonavala and Khandala. Rajmachi consists of two beautiful peaks namely ‘Shrivardhan’ and ‘Manaranjan’.
Shrivardhan and Manaranjan can also be considered as two separate forts. There is one small platue in between them. A temple of ‘Bhairoba’ is very beautiful. Shrivardhan is ‘Bale killa’ of Rajmachi. It is almost 3000 feet high. But it was mainly built to keep watch on Konkan area. The other – Manaranjan is 2700 feet high. Manaranjan consists of strong walls, 3 doors and many water tanks. One can see Ulhas river, Dukes Nose (Nagphani), Karnala ,Matheran, Mahuli and Bhimashankar etc. The old caves of ‘Kondhavi’ on Rajmachi fort are worth to see. The way to fort is long but truly with a good view. One can enjoy a nice forest, Tungarli lake and many waterfalls as well. Truly, Rajmachi is one of the good places to visit.
Kondana Caves are located at 60m above sea level. Kondana Caves are ancient rock-cut caves which are very famous Buddhist caves. The caves date back to 2nd century BC. These caves are believed to be one of the oldest set of rock cut cave monasteries in the region.
Name of Event
Trek to Rajmachi and Kondana caves
11th -12th December 10 (Leaving on 10th Night)
What’s Included in fees
t, All meals, Accomodation
After receiving the mail or SMS or call, we will block your seat on temporary basis for 48 hrs. You have to pay the advance Rs. 750/- before 6th December and confirm your participation. Seats are limited. Now you can pay directly through bank transfers to our IDBI account. Kindly get back to us for account details.
Pick up points
You have to bring
· Trekking shoes
· Proper & Comfortable Sack
· extra sleeper
· Water bottle (min. 2 ltr.)
· Identity proof (compulsory).
· Carry mat / Sleeping bag
· Shawl / Chaddar / Sweater
· Plate, Spoon, Glass, bowl, knife
· cap/scarf, sunglasses (if required)
· torch with cell
· extra clothing
· personal things (like tooth paste, tooth brush, soap etc…) and personal medicine if any
· Extra Polythene Bags for garbage.
Please avoid bringing valuables, jewellery or expensive things. We accept no responsibility for anything that is misplaced.
Rules and regulations
· Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
· Organizers may make any changes in the programme as per the prevailing circumstances, without giving prior
notice to the participant.
· No shortcut in the trek
· Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled
from trek there and then itself.
· Shorts, sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
· This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid
inconvenient to all other participants.
· Keep the campsite clean. Leaving your garbage at camp site is not allowed.
For booking & other details contact
See the photo link of our previous Rajmachi trek