Yatri Sahyadri has organized a trek to Tandulwadi on 09th January 2011 (Starting on 8th Midnight).
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Height: 2000 feet
Range: Western Forts
About the place:
Tandulwadi is 5 k.m. away from Saphale station. This Fort is a hill fort good for one day outing. We get a great view of the Vaitarna River. The route goes over some rocky portions, and is a little tricky if wet. On the top there are few water tanks and a monsoon lake. The fort was mainly used as a lookout point in the bygone era.
12:00 am(Saturday Midnight) : Reporting at Dadar Station. (pls carry your own return ticket to Safale Station)
12:43 am: Proceed to Virar by 12.43am Virar local. Travel time approx 1.5 hours.
02.15 am: We will reach at Virar station.
02:15 am to 04.30 am: Rest at Virar station.
05.00 am: Proceed to Safale by 5.04am shuttle.
06.15 am: Proceed to Tandulwadi village by local transport.
6.30 am – 07.00 am: Break fast at Tandulwadi village.
07.00 am to 07.15 am: Introduction and other formalities.
07.15 am: Start trek From Tandulwadi village towards Tandulwadi Fort. Trek time approx 3hrs.
10.30am: Reach at Tandulwadi fort.
10.30am to 12.00pm: Explore the cave & photography.
12.00 pm : Start descending the fort.
01.30 pm: Reach at Tandulwadi village.
1.30 pm to 02.30 pm : Lunch
03.00 pm: Proceed to Safale station by local transport.
03.30 pm: Proceed to Virar by shuttle train.
04.30 pm : Evening snacks & Tea.
05.00 pm : Catch return local to Dadar.
Charges: Rs. 250/- per person.
Expert Guidance for the trek. : Safale – Tandulwadi – Safale.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. Your own return ticket to Safale station.
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand).
7. A good trekking shoes, shawl, bedding and extra clothes (compulsory).
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Please note that “attending” RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration. Optionally you may leave your email ID and phone numbers so that we can contact you. Call us on following numbers. Please confirm your seat before 07/01/2011
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
For Registration & more details, contact Our “Yatri’s”.
Nityanand Naik: 9819818132.
Suhas Sagvekar : 9820257757.
Srikant Pillai: 7666905040/9920305779.
Gavin Dsilva: 9819661460.
Tanvi Walawalkar: 9076712137.
Send mail us on: email@example.com.