At approx 2700 ft, Naneghat is a sheer cliff which command an excellent view of the Sahyadris. One can view all major peaks of the Sahyadris like Kalsubai, Harishchandragad, Bhimashankar, Siddhagad, Matheran etc standing atop this cliff. The Naneghat pass is historically a very important route as it connected the ports (Kalyan and Nalasopara) with the interior towns (Junnar and Paithan).
Cost: Rs 300/- per head
2000 – Meeting point: 8:00 PM Dadar Overhead Bridge (change made on 4th Jan 2011)
2200 – Reach Kalyan via local train. Board ST Bus for Base Village
0000 – Reach the highway drop off point at ‘Vaishakhare’. The trek begins…
0400 – We reach the top.
0600 – Begin our return journey
1000 – Reach Vaishakhare (base village)
1200 – Reach Kalyan via ST Bus
1300 – Reach Dadar via local train
Things to carry:
1. Bed sheets / foam beds / sleeping bags for sleeping in caves
2. Good sack to pack all your belongings.
3. Water bottles. (At least 2).
4. Dress in trek pants and T-shirts along with comfortable sports shoes.
5. Personal medicines.
6. Weather suited gear; a sweater / shawl / jackets. (unlike the city winter nights, the hills can be very cold)
7. Torch (along with spare batteries) Torchlights
8. A pack of candle & matchbox
9. Mosquito / insect repellent
10. Personal toiletries
11. Camera (Optional).
12. Bed sheets / foam beds / sleeping bags for sleeping in caves
13. Cap (Night trek would involve a little bit of the day time trekking… don’t be under the impression that winters are not sunny…)
The cost includes the following:-
1. Travel (from start point to end point)
3. Services of a guide (if reqd)
It does not include:-
1. Lunch / Dinner
2. Any personal expenses
For further details call us on the number mentioned below or write to us on email@example.com
The Sahyadris are relatively safe for trekking.Most of the accidents in these mountains have been due to the foolhardiness of humans. It is very easy to prevent any kind of unfortunate accidents by using plain simple common sense and avoiding unnecessary risks and bravado. Always respect Mother Nature.
Trekking is as much a team sport as it is an individual activity. While all team members do help out each other, at the same time it is also necessary not to be a burden on someone by taking unnecessary risks.
While every care has been taken to ensure safety, Trekventures cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
PLEASE NOTE: Participation for the trek is open to those above the age of 18. Minors should be accompanied by atleast one adult / guardian.
Kindly ensure all city waste is carried back or disposed off appropriately.
Time plays an important role for a successful trek
Smoking, Consumption of Liquor & Drugs is STRICTLY PROHIBITED during the trek.