Swachhand is pleased to announce yet another New Year Trek to
“HARIHAR FORT + TRIMBAKESHWAR”
Brief Introduction about Trek:
Type: Hill fort Fort Range : Nashik-Trimbakeshwar
Trimbak range has spreaded its arms to the north of Igatpuri and west of Nasik. It is divided mainly in two parts, with forts of Basgad, Utvad, hill of Fani, Harihar and Trimbakgad on one part while the forts of Anjaneri and Hargad on the other. Vaitarna is the main river in this region. The fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village.Places to see on fort: While climbing the fort, we come across a rock-sheet, which has got steps carved in it. Also many grooves have been carved here for additional support. After climbing these steps, we get upto the entrance door. There is a cavern ahead of this door. Again we come across few steps after a short distance walk from this cavern. On climbing these steps we reach to the main entrance door of this fort. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. Door is located at the edge of this fort, but the way to this door has now got blocked. There is a small temple of Lord Hanumana and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. There are five cisterns along one side of the palace, one of which has water suitable for drinking.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:-
Move from Bhandup at 11.30 pm on 08.01.2010 via private transport
Things To be Carried Alongwith:
? Identity Card- Must ? A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking ? Some ready to eat food ? Polythene bag for your garbage ? Medicine those if u require usually ? Comfortable shoes, sandals, extra pair of socks ? 2-3 bunch of News-papers ? Camera – Optional ? Lunch for Sunday i.e. 09.01.2011 (Compulsory) , ? Water bottle 02 Liters, ? TORCH with extra batteries ?Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes ? Carry mat ? Please Note …night temperatures can be cold, if require carry Light woolen sweater , Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. & please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
The charges of the Trek are Rs. 460/- per head, which includes,
Travel expenditure from Mumbai to Mumbai via Private Transport
Tea, breakfast, refreshments, Medicines etc.during Trek
What is not included Anything not mentioned above, Personal orders of food, cold drinks etc.
- Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
- We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR,
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
- Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. drinking etc.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Important Print and leave a copy of this mail at home with a friend or relative in case of Emergency