Mumbai hikers has been an free information service and treks are dont by trekking groups who post their events on the site.
When i decided to hold a chai meetup at kanheri caves . I decided to get a medical kit (even though the walk is on a straight road from SGNP to kanheri ) . It is always good to be prepared for any emergencies .
The ready made first aid kit available in the medical shops were not very comprehensive and as i come from a family of doctors,we decided to make a kit suited for the particular walk. Kits can change depending on the trek requirements.
All trekkers who have first aid kits. Please add your list to the comments. This will help us all. Thanks!.
* Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
* Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect.
* 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
* 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
* 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
* 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
* 5 antiseptic wipe packets
* 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
* 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
* 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
* 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
* Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
* 2 triangular bandages
* Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant
other things you can have in your kit are listed here