SPROUTS is organising an overnight night trek to Sudhagad (fort), on Feb 26-27, 2011. Its almost the end of winter and its perfect weather for a short and breezy climb to the plateau on which Sudhagad is located. The star-lit night would be phenomenal, to say the least. Sudhagad lies near the famous Pali Temple (Ashtavinayak) in the Lonavala region and is one of the most well-preserved forts in the Sahyadri Range.
We pla…n to leave by 3pm on Feb 26 (Sat) from Dadar-Panvel Bus Depot and spend a few hours in the sprawling centre of a local NGO (Nirmiti) working with the tribals of Uddhar Village region in organic agriculture and biogas formation using manure as well as farm residue.
After an early dinner around 7:30pm, we shall begin the easy trek. The trek will be anywhere between 3 to 3.5hrs and we shall reach the top, where we shall sleep (optional) in an ancient structure/shelter, the Pant Sachiva Wada. The next day shall be spent in exploring the top and visiting the local points such as Takmak tok, Bhorai Devi Temple and enjoying spectacular views of Tel Baila, Ghangad, Sarasgad, Korigad and other peaks from the top.
Join us to experience the thrill of trekking in the Sahaydris at night, a stay in the open and enjoy the starry starry night… The group shall return to Mumbai (Dadar) latest by 8pm on Sunday Feb 27, 2011.
PS: There are no constructed toilets either on the trek or on the fort. Also potable water is very limited. So please make suitable arrangements of toilet paper and carry plenty of drinking water for self (minimum 3lts).
Things to Carry:
– All are requested to carry minimum three litres of water, a plate, spoon and mug
– Torch &/or head lamp with brand new batteries – COMPULSORY, insect repellent, Caps, Sun-glasses, swiss knife, sun-screen, personal toiletries and medicines (if any)
– Wear Closed footwear (Compulsory)
-Carry Mat or ground sheet as well as light sleeping bag/bed covers for the snooze on the fort, air-pillow (optional)
– Dry Snacks, fruits, confectionaries or dry fruits are also great energy boosters and recommended
Cost & Mode of payment:
Rs. 850 which includes travel by ST bus from Dadar to Pali, return by bus or train and shared tumtums (large autorickshaws), simple vegetarian dinner & snacks on Feb 26 and dry snacks on Feb 27, guide fees and literature. Please note, if the group needs to hire smaller autorickshaws due to lack of suitable transport, the fare shall be divided at actuals as that fare is highly variable. Bottled Water or aerated beverages are not considered in the cost of the trek.
– A/C Transfer to Anand Pendharkar, ICICI Bank – A/C No. 000-401-535-219, Nariman Point Branch and drop an sms to undersigned with names and contact numbers OR
– Drop cash at SPROUTS Earth Shop, 5 Pawar Shops, Rani Sati Marg, next to Public Foot-Over Bridge, outside Malad (E) station, anyday between Feb 19 – 24 from 11-9pm
Contact: Anand 98201-40254