Two cisterns can be seen just after emerging through the entrance and the path climbs up further ahead. Further, a small step-way descends down to the large caves that are carved out in the main rock of the pinnacle. Nature’s grandeur can be appreciated here with the magnificent view of two large frangipani trees leaning over the valley and the excellent sight of Machchindragad. There are in total fourteen cisterns on the fort, however, only the three tanks near to the cave have potable water.There is a small Mahadeo temple with Nandi.
Trek: Gorakhgad On 12 June 2011.
FortHeight : 2137 ft.
Type : Hill forts
Fort Range : Karjat
Grade : Medium
Cost :- Rs 270 /-
People interested should get into this local (2nd last compartment) and gather at kalyan station on platform no.1 near indicator with u r return ticket .
From Kalyan we will catch S.T. to Murbad and from here will hire jeep for Dehari (base village of Gorakhgad).
We will be back at kalyan by 8.30 PM.
CST 5.05 am
Byculla 5.12 am
Sion 5.29 am
Kurla 5.33 am
Ghatkopar 5.39 am
Bhandup 5.49 am
Thane 5.59 am
Diva 6.13 am
Dombivali 6.22 am
Kalyan 6.32 am
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has
hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (3 Ltrs).
3. Lunch for the Day.
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, Plate, spoon, glass (compulsory).
6. Torch with extra batteries, Old Newspapers(compulsory).
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, Mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes, wind cheater.
VRangers Rules & Regulation:
Some Snaps : http://picasaweb.google.com/manishst/Gorakhgad .
For Reg. & more details, contact Our “Rangers” .
plz do sms if call not received with u r name and mail-id.