History: This fort is very small in size but was used as an ammunition storage and defense station during Sambhaji Maharaj’s era. This fort is surrounded with other forts like Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak, Sidhhagad and Prabalgad
What to see on Peth – Kothaligad …..
- Pinnacle of the Peth fort.
- Bhairoba Mandir
- Bhairoba Cave. This cave is well-sculpted and accommodate 30 to 40 people
- Water cisterns
- Bastions of the fort well in condition
- From the Fort top we can have glimpse of Bhimashankar, Rajmachi, Dhak and Siddhagad
- All Participants to reach Karjat Station on 25th June 2011 by taking 10:30 pm Train from Dadar.
- (Train schedule will be circulated later)
- Will take rikshaw from Karjat and reach at base Village of Peth (Ambivali) in the night.
- Will commence on 26th June 2011 early Morning.
- We will return Mumbai around 8.00 pm on Sunday 26th June 2011.
- Contribution per person is Rs. 400/-
- (This includes tea, breakfast, lunch, snacks and transport from Karjat to Karjat).
- All our treks are eco-friendly treks, kindly take care of nature around us
- Confirmation of names for Participation is subject to payment of trek fee of Rs. 400/-
- Organizers are not responsible for safety of any valuable items of participants
- Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation
For enrollment contact us:
Santosh Bhide : 9930660731 Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382
Log on to www.aasamant.com