After a short break, THTC is again geared up and ready to bang the mountains… so ready to feel the trill…???
Our first bang is one day monsoon trek to the Lohagad – "The Iron fort" on 3rd July 2011. Lohagad is one of the many hill forts of Chatrapati Shivaji. It is situated 52 km from Pune in western India. It is at an elevation of 3,450 feet (1,052 m). There are 4 doors to fort from the nearby village Lohgadwadi. i.e.'Ganesh Darwaja', ‘Narayan Darwaja',' Hanuman Darwaja' & ‘Maha Darwaja'. Some sculptures can also be seen on Maha Darwaja. The famous spot on fort is 'Vinchu Kata' – a range of hills that looks like Capricorn.
Location: Malvali, Pune
Type: Hill fort
Meeting Point: Thane Railway Stn.
Date & Time: 03.07.2011 @ 6.30 AM
1. Extra Clothes
2. Water bottles (At least 1.5 lit.)
3. Personal medicines
4. Anti-dehydrate (limboo pani, glucose powder, electrol)
5. Old News papers
6. Pen knife
7. Extra plastic bags
8. Camera / binoculars (Optional)
Trek Cost: Rs.300/- (Inclusive of all travelling expenditure from thane to thane, lunch & 2 refreshments)
- Do not carry excessive cash & valuables.
- Every individual will be responsible for his/her safety & belongings.
- Smoking & Consumption of liquor is strictly prohibited.
For Registrations and More Information, Plz. Contact
Manoj: +91-9773508532, Rohit: +91-9773508537
Thane Hiking Trekking Club
Save Paper & Environment…
Plz do not print this E-mail unless you really need it.