TRAILBLAZERS Adventure Club is organizing a trek to MATHERAN via RAMBAUGH POINT on Sunday, 3 July 2011.
The trek schedule is as follows:
- Departure time of the Train, Karjat slow local, is at 5:19 am from CST. You can catch the train from your convenient station. The schedule time of the train arriving at different station is given at the end.
- At 7:38 am we will reach at Karjat station.
- After reaching Karjat, we will move to base village, Boregao by Auto Rick.
- Briefing about the trek, Instructions, will be done over here at the base.
- We will then START THE TREK and proceed upwards to Rambaugh point (Matheran).
- After this, when we reach Rambaugh point, we will move towards the rest house.
- Trek will be completed in 3 to 4 hours depending on speed of the group.
- We will then walk towards Matheran city for site seeing and shopping.
- After this, we will assemble at Matheran Station and start walking along the Matheran – Neral railway line towards Dasturi Naka, where we will take a taxi for Neral.
- We will reach Neral Station, and board the train to Mumbai CST and the Expedition ends here.
THINGS TO BE CARRIED:
- Haver Sack Bags (No Jholas/sling bags will be allowed)
- SHOES (either sports or hunters) compulsory
- Camera (Option
- LUNCH BOX (Required), carry some light snacks like biscuits, wafers, idli, etc.
- Windcheater and/or umbrella compulsory.
- Napkins and extra pair of clothes.
- Some Plastic bags (just in case)
- Personal Medicines
- Water atleast 3-4 litres
- IDENTITY PROOF and a Xerox copy of it.
The train Schedule for different stations on central railway is as follows:
There is no hard & fast Rule to take the train from CST itself. You can board the train from any of these stations. For those who stay in Western railway stretch you can contact us on the given number for any guidance required on this issue.
TOKEN OF ADVICE: People who are planning to board this train from Dadar are advised by us to board it from Mumbai CST as it could be difficult to board it from Dadar with a heavy Bag-pack as there could be rush getting in the train. Be 10 minutes early at CST station in case you have to catch this train from CST.
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited.
- Throwing of garbage and waste during the trek will not be tolerated.
The Total Cost is Rs. 450 per head.
The Cost includes:
- Train Fare (To and Fro)
- Lunch at Matheran
- Auto fare (From Karjat Station to Base Village)
- Taxi fare (Matheran to Neral Station)
Safety of the trekkers is the responsibility of the club and there will be coordinators of the club through out the expedition.
For registration and for fee payment contact the numbers below.
CONTACT : Sudhanshu Sharma (+91) 9867735682
EMAIL : email@example.com