Although worth mentioning as the jewel in the crown of forts in the district of Raigad, there is no significant history attached to this fort. Near the caves on the fort are visible some remnants of fortification. This is the only sign to designate Chanderi as a fort.
Chanderi is famous for water streams and its difficult route.
Trek: Chanderi Trek on 31st July 2011.
Region: Karjat .
Height: 2330 ft .
Grade: Hard (Experience Required)
Type: Hill Fort
Cost: Rs. 150/- .
Last Date for Reg:-28th July 2011 by 6.00 pm.
The journey starts with the karjat local according to given train times. People interested should get into this local, and gather at Vangani station. Here onwards we will reach the base village of Chanderi by auto/jeep and start trekking from there.
The cost of the trek include breakfast, travelling from Vangani to Vangani by local transport and refreshment.
Train Timings: Karjat slow Local .
CST 5.14 am
Byculla 5.24 am
Sion 5.40 am
Kurla 5.44 am
Bhandup 6.00 am
Thane 6.10 am
Diva 6.24 am
Dombivali 6.32 am
Kalyan 6.44 am
Ambernath 6.54 am
Badlapur 7.04 am
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has
Hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (2 Ltrs).
3. Lunch for Sunday.
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
6. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes, wind cheater .
VRangers Rules & Regulation:
For Reg. & more details, contact Our “Rangers”
Shekhar 98192 43836
plz do sms if call not received.