We invite you for an overnight trek to Rajmachi on 6th and 7th August 2011
Type: Hill fort
Height: 2710 ft above msl
Base villege: Kondivade(Karjat) / Lonavla
Rajmachi the dreamed destination of every trekker must visit place in every monsoon. The route to Rajmachi from Lonavla is almost a flat walk, the real fun here is waterfalls, one after the other making the walk pleasurable.
At Udhewadi (village at the footsteps of twin forts) there is a well built pond and a beautiful ancient temple. 30 minutes hike from here takes one at the flat plateau where there is temple of bhairoba.
The fort in front of the temple is Shriwardhan. Though dilapidated all the three doors to the fort are still standing tall. A little further there is a buddhist cave. The fort is well fortified. At dolkathi there is a long pole on which flag is hosted. The view of Bombay waterfall from phanton bastion is the attraction.
The route from behind the bhairoba temple leads to Manaranjan fort. The entrance is in ruins, on top there is good forestation. Fortification of Manranjan is in good state. There is one big water tank atop.
On the way to Kondiwade is the famous ‘Konadane’ cave.
- Forts: Dhak durg, Lohagd, Visapur, mahuli,Karnal. Irshalgad
- ‘Manjarsumba’. Pinnacle
- Khandala, Matheran, Borghat
Itinerary of the fort is as follows
Meeting Point : Lonavla Station 08:00am
09:00 am Introduction, Instruction
09:30 am start the trek
Lunch on the way
2:30 pm Reach Undhewadi
03:30 pm Visit Shrivardhan Fort
06:30 pm evening refreshments, dinner, games, camp fire
Retire for the day
06:30 am Good Morning
07:30 am visit Manoranjan Fort
10:00 am Breakfast
11:00 am start descending towards Kondiwade
Lunch at Kondane caves
03:00 pm Kondiwade
04:00 pm karjat, evening refreshments
05:00 pm departure for Mumbai/Pune
Reaching Mumbai/ Pune by 09:00 -10:00 pm tentatively.
is Rs 550/– per head
Travelling from Lonavla to Karjat
2 breakfasts, 2 meals, 2 evening refreshments
For registration kindly transfer Rs 550 per head in the following A/c
Union Bank Account No 369102010801696
Branch : Juhu Tara Mumbai
In the Name of Ms Priti P Patel
IFSC Code : UBIN0536911
Note: Registrations through phone calls only.
After transaction please email us transaction id along with participants details (name, email and mobile number) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check list :
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Water 2 liters
Change of cloths
Mug for tea
Ready to eat snacks
Registration or queries:
Aniruddha : 9619666895
Priti : 9869524260
Rajas : 9664782503
Zeenat Sikilkar : 8983394613
Rules and regulations.
Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury and absolute comfort then we can hardly help them. 😉
Offbeat sahyadri believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
We do expect our offbeater friends to understand group dynamics and leave at home their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself become unforgettable! Trust us on this.
Now some basic codes.
- Absofreakinglutely no littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throw garbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses? J.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
- Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital N O= NO!
- Remember, the mountain has a mind of his own. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true.
- It is fun to interact and get to know people from different walks of life. Feel free to take the opportunity to expand your social circles.
- Share water and food. Nothing else is a better ice breaker than being offered water or a bite of your sandwich!
- Care for your fellow trekkers. It is not nice to be self centered and unamicable.
For your own safety
- The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
- Simply put, stay with the group. Do not rush far too ahead or lag too behind. We understand that everyone has a different stamina and we try to keep the group bound together.
- Do not wander off from the main trail. Whenever there is no established trail, strictly stay with the group. Be within the sight of the person ahead of you and the one behind you. It helps.
- One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all offbeaters.
- Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Team OffBeat Sahyadri