On Short Notice VRangers arranging peb trek on 7th Aug.
Peb is a fort located near Neral; between Panorama Point (Matheran) and Nakhind to be precise. The fort is also named as ‘VikatGad’. Historical references clearly indicate that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort as silos for grain storage. It is a beautiful one-day trek and the view of the entire Neral region from the top would be amazing.
Date: 7th Aug 2011.
Height: 2100 ft (approx)
Type: Hill Fort
Cost: Rs. 200/-
Max Participation:20 ppl.
Some Snaps: http://picasaweb.google.com/santoor0058/PebFort#
We will travel from Neral to Matheran. We will start climbing Peb fort from Matheran. We will have Lunch once we reach on the fort. Please note that every participant needs to carry their own lunch.While descending, we will descend from Peb fort to Neral station.
The charges for the trek will be Rs 200/- per head which includes breakfast, travelling from Neral to matheran and refreshment.
Train Timings: Karjat Slow Local
(one needs to get in the second last compartment of this local with Neral Return ticket )
- CST 5.13 am
- Bhyculla 5.22 am
- Dadar 5.32 am
- Sion 5.39am
- Kurla 5.43 am
- Ghatkopar 5.50 am
- Bhandup 6.00 am
- Thane 6.10 am
- Dombivali 6.31 am
- Kalyan 6.41 am
- Badlapur 7.02 am
- Neral 7.22 am
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has
Hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (3 Ltrs).
3. Lunch for Sunday (Compulsory).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits (optional).
6. Torch with extra batteries (Compulsory).
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes, wind cheater.
VRangers Rules & Regulation:
For Reg. & more details, contact Our “Rangers”
Ananda 98922 19155 .
plz do sms if call not received.