The Dukes Nose is popular as Nagphani. Duke’s Nose is also a perfect spot for those who want explorations and are adventurous. The Mahadevi Shrine can be found here. There is also a rock diffused into the hill.
Date: 8th Ngt +9 Oct 2011.
Trek: Dukes Nose.
Type: Hill Fort.
Base Village: Kurwande
Cost: Rs. 150/-
Trek Schedule :-
For Mumbai Participants:
The journey starts on 8th ngt with the Siddheshwar Express. People interested should catch this train from respective stations with ticket till lonavala station. (Plz get your respected stations at least half an hour earlier, as there might be a long queue for the tickets and ask for Siddheshwar express ticket till lonavla).
The charges for this trek is Rs 150/- , Which includes Breakfast, , transportation from Kurvande to Lonavla by Jeep/Auto & expertise charges.
Train Timings :- Siddheshwar Express
CST – 22.20
Dadar – 22.40
Thane – 23.07
Kalyan – 23.23
Lonavla – 1.03
For pune participants:
Catch the Pune Lonavala Local Scheduled at .15 from Pune station.
Train Timings :-Pune-Lonavala Local
Pune : 00.15
Shivaji Nagar: 0.21
Lonavala : 01.30
We will wait for other rangers to arrive and then start the trek.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has
hands free while trekking.
2. A bottle of water (3 Ltrs).
3. Lunch for the Day.
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some
snacks & biscuits (compulsory).
6. Torch with extra batteries, Old Newspapers(compulsory).
7. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, Mosquito’s cream.
8. A good trekking shoes, wind cheater.
VRangers Rules & Regulation:
Pics of Dukes Nose trek:
For Reg. & more details, contact Our Rangers
Ananda 98922 19155.
Sarita 98928 57368.
Shekhar 98192 43836.
plz do sms if call not received.