Pl. see the below photo link of our previous trek to Mt. Kalsubai.
Name Of Event
Trek to Rajmachi and Sky Gazing by Mr. Jatin S. Rathod, Lecturer from Nehru Planetarium.
26th -27th Nov.11
During Sky Gazing we will study
Ø How to persue Astronomy as hobby.
Ø How to start astronomy.
Ø Identification of Stars & Constellations using star chart. Identification of Directions using Stars.
Ø Identification of Planets,
Ø How to use an Optical Instrument – Binoculars, Telescope. Observation of Planets in detail using telescope, identification of features of planets.
Ø Observation of Milky Way Galaxy in detail.
Ø Observation of Deep Sky Objects – Nebulea, Galaxies, Globular Clusters, Open Clusters (M,NGC,IC Objects)., Question – Answer Session,
Ø Introduction to Astrophotography using your camera (any type!). and more….
So friends don’t miss this opportunity………
Rs. 1650/- Mumbai to Mumbai
Rs.1050/- for Pune People (Kunewadi to Kunewadi)
Includes Mumbai-Mumbai Travel by private bus, breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening Refreshment, accommodation, expertise, equipments, study material
Last date of registration – 22nd Nov.
You have to pay the advance Rs.1000/- before 22nd Nov. and confirm your participation. Now you can pay directly through bank transfers to our IDBI account. Kindly get back to us for account details.
Rajmachi is very famous fort near twin hill stations in Maharashtra – Lonavala and Khandala. Rajmachi consists of two beautiful peaks namely ‘Shrivardhan’ and ‘Manaranjan’. This is an enjoyable trek for beginners.
Shrivardhan and Manaranjan can also be considered as two separate forts. There is one small platue in between them, on that platue a temple of ‘Bhairoba’ is very beautiful. Shrivardhan is ‘Bale killa’ of Rajmachi. It is almost 3000 feet high. But it was mainly built to keep watch on Konkan area. The other – Manaranjan is 2700 feet high. Manaranjan consists of strong walls, 3 doors and many water tanks. One can see Ulhas river, Dukes Nose (Nagphani), Karnala ,Matheran, Mahuli and Bhimashankar etc. The old caves of ‘Kondhavi’ on Rajmachi fort are worth to see. The way to fort is long but truly with a good view. One can enjoy a nice forest, Tungarli lake and many waterfalls as well. Truly, Rajmachi is one of the good places to visit around Pune and Mumbai. The trekkers especially the beginners enjoy the way to fort.
About Mr. Jatin S. Rathod…
A graduate in Physics with interest in Astronomy. He loves astronomy for it is the most fascinating subjects of all. He is working as a lecturer in Nehru Planetarium, Mumbai since last 12 years now. His study interests are the SUN, Meteors, and Meteorites etc. He has delivered over 400 lectures on general astronomy in various schools, colleges and housing societies.
His is one of the first groups in India to start serious Meteor Observations. He has been leading meteor observations since last 7 years now and sending the data to International Meteor Organization, Germany for many meteor showers. He has been part of a study group which conducted a field trip of Lonar in 2007. He is the first from the group to look for tektites in the field – a kind of vitreous rocks which is confirmed sign of an impact mechanism as the origin of Lonar Crater.
You have to bring…
· A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has their hands free while trekking. Please do not carry Sling bags, Jholas, handbags/shoulder bags etc.
· Shoes with Good Grip for trekking. (Sports/Jungle/Trek Shoes). Please do not wear sandals, chappals or floaters,
· Floaters or sleeper for return journey
· Water bottle (min. 2 ltr)
· Cap, goggle if require
· Identity proof (compulsory)
· Carry mat / Sleeping bag
· Shawl / Chaddar / Sweater
· Plate, Spoon, Glass, bowl, knife
· torch with cell (compulsory)
· extra clothing
· personal things (like tooth paste, tooth brush, soap etc…) and personal medicine if any
· Extra Polythene Bags for garbage.
· Personal medicine if any
· Optional things: Camera, Binoculars.
Please avoid bringing valuables, jewellery or expensive things. We accept no responsibility for anything that is misplaced.
Rules and Regulations…
· Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
· Organizers may make any changes in the programme as per the prevailing circumstances, without giving prior notice to the participant.
· No shortcut in the trek
· Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
· Shorts, sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
· This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid inconvenient to all other participants.
· Keep the campsite clean. Leaving your garbage at camp site is not allowed.
· Borivali : 05.45am (Near East side main gate)
· Sion : 06.15am (Near Station)
· Vashi : 06.45am (Vashi Plaza)
· Panvel : 07.30am (Near Mc Donald – Kalmboli Highway)
For booking & other details contact:
Vaishali G. Desai- 9820684723