Jumpstart is super-excited to jumpstart their concept of mingling nature with music. This time we travel with renowned Indie musician Ankur Tewari.
We have always worked at providing a wholesome experience in the outdoors while keeping the finer points of sustainability, conservation and responsible traveling in mind. We believe that music holds a great power of transcendence and when in the outdoors it can provide for a magical other-worldly experience. The Great Gig In The Sky is just that. It is an attempt at taking two of our most cherished experiences and combining them to provide a heady mixture of raw, unadulterated bliss.
The second gig is not just in the sky, but also besides a lake. Picture this – tents arranged in a semi-circle and close to a roaring campfire on a night which hints at the approaching winter. A nip in the air, food in the barbecue and Ankur Tewari crooning in the ears. Along with all this are sessions of Trekking and other outdoor activities. We will be enjoying these activities on both days.
In short, the two days will provide camping by a lake (tent stay*); Trekking, Flying fox and above all Ankur’s gig. What better way to spend a weekend!
Total Cost – Rs. 2600/-
Unfortunately, we are constrained for space, we will have to limit the number of attendees to 30. Please please confirm and book at your earliest as more than half of the seats have already been booked and paid for.
For the finer details, read on –
The Great Gig… is a one night, two day experience which involves adventure activites and a gig. The location is a Lakeside Campsite near Igatpuri. We will be traveling by a bus booked for us, which will begin from Sanjay Gandhi National Park Gate, Borivali East at 8:00 am and continue North-ward on the Western Express Highway. The pick-up points will be –
08:00 – SGNP gate, Borivali
08:20 – Bisleri Factory, Andheri
08:30 – Vakola Signal, Santacruz
08:40 – Kalanagar Bus Stop, Bandra
08:55 – Sion Station
09:05 – Under Kurla Flyover, Kurla, Eastern Express Highway
09:15 – Ghatkopar – Mankhurd Junction, Eastern Express Highway
09:25 – Vikhroli, , Eastern Express Highway
09:35 – Toll Plaza (Thane side), Eastern Express Highway
For pick-up points beyond this, please contact one of us and we can decide on the best suitable location.
After reaching the campsite, the program is such
10th December (Saturday) –
12:00 (noon) – Reach Campsite
12:30 – lunch
13:30 – Rest
14.30 – Adventure activities as per group division
17:30 – reach back to the campsite
18:30 – Ankur begins singing. Opportunity to sing along and have a jam session
11th December (Sunday)
06:30 – Breakfast
07:30 – Trekking activities as per group division
12:00 – return to campsite and pack-up
12:30 – lunch
13:30 – leave campsite and return to Mumbai
For any further details please feel to contact us –
Akul Tripathi – 9819726688
Dhiren Talpade – 9619793983
Ryan Thomas – 9920263810
1. MOST IMPORTANT ——-> Water (2 litres) If everyone carries their own bottles it would be enough for everyone. Also you will feel fresh and happy and will be able to avoid dehydration and/or any diseases/infections passed on through sharing of water bottles.
2. Shoes ——-> which are in good condition, comfortable to walk in along with socks (carry an extra pair). Also carry sandals / flip-flops for water activities.
3. VERY VERY IMPORTANT – Wear Earthy Coloured clothes and avoid Jeans (as they get soggy when wet). Get change of clothes & a towel.
4. Chocolates, Chikki, Dry Fruits, biscuits, farsan, vadapav, samosa, salami, chicken sausages, roast lamb, etc…
5. Hat / Cap ——-> Protects from Sun AND Rain
6. Personal toiletries and Medicines ——–> If you have some recurring diseases / ailments (like Asthma) you should have consulted your physician about this acrivity and must carry your Preventive / curative medicines.
7. Waterproof covers for your Electronic gadets
8. A Trash Bag to carry all your wrappers, chewing gums, chips Packets, etc back to Mumbai and dispose off in the local Garbage Bin.
9. A sense of Humour!
All Jumpstart events take place in the great outdoors. The success of these events depend upon various factors which include climatic conditions, governmental / quasi-governmental policies, mechanical and human error in hired vehicles, etc. and despite checks and double checks, there is always a possibility that the event may not see through as planned or advertised. Jumpstart and it’s representatives do everything in their reasonable capacity to ensure the smooth running of an event and stick to the advertised plan. However, in the situation that an event has to be shortened or cancelled, Jumpstart would stand liable to refund only the balance amount of the total amount paid after deductions of the actual cost incurred up to the moment.
Jumpstart and it’s representatives do not subscribe to or encourage the consumption of any Alcoholic and/or Narcotic and Psychotropic substances during an event. Not only does the consumption thereof compromise the safety of the individual and the group physically, but also legally. Any participant who does not adhere to this policy during the event would automatically stop being a part of the event and be asked to make private arrangements for themselves thereon, without receiving any refund whatsoever.
Jumpstart · By Jumpstart India