This is the 8th year that ‘Kalpavihar Adventure’ has arranged a trek to Vasai fort for visually challenged students on 8th January 2012.
Mr. Shridatt Raut will be with us to narrate an incredible valour & heroic deeds of Maratha warriors. So these students can enjoy & familiarize themselves with historical monuments & the beautiful natural surroundings.
This is purely a social activity. We are not taking any charges from these students.
Name Of Event
Trek to Vasai fort for visually challenged students
08th Jan 2012
Rs. 350/- for volunteers
Includes Travelling by private bus, breakfast, lunch, evening Refreshment.
Kamla Mehata Blind School, Dadar (E) at 6.00am on 8th
You have to pay the advance Rs. 350/- before 30th Dec. and confirm your participation.
Those who are interested to willingly volunteer for this program pl join us and bring a day of happiness in their visually challenged lives.
About Vasai Fort
Vasai, also called Bassein, lies about 48 kms north of Mumbai just across the Ulhas River. The fort in the old city was the headquarter of the Portuguese in the north, next in importance to Goa. The coastal land-fort of Vasai was surrounded by sea on three sides and to the landside it had a moat which was filled by sea-water. Its 4.5kms long strong stone wall had 11 bastions. Vasai fort, built during Portuguese dynasty in 1535. Marathas won this fort in 1739 under Chimaji Aappa Peshwa and built 3 temples in fort. Portuguese stayed here from 1535-1739. Marathas ruled from 1739-1818. After that British won it.
Rules and Regulations…
· Everyone has to follow the instructions of Camp In-charge & instructors
· Organizers may make any changes in the programme as per the prevailing circumstances, without giving prior notice to the participant.
· No shortcut in the trek
· Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
· Shorts, sleeveless T-shirts not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
· This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid inconvenient to all other participants.
· Keep the campsite clean. Leaving your garbage at camp site is not allowed.
For booking & other details contact:
Vaishali G. Desai- 9820684723