Trek to Thanala Caves
• Want to trek through the lush green forest and discover ancient Buddhist Caves?
The 2,200 year-old Thanala caves are associated with the Mauryan Dynasty..After the decline of Chaul as a port during the end of the 5th century,the trade routes altered,this cave complex was rendered desolate and fell into oblivion. It was rediscovered by a missionary,J A Abbot,in January 1890.Punch-marked silver coins of the Ashoka period (268-227 BC) were found here for the first time.
These 28 ancient rock cut structures are located are located in beautiful,impressive location and represent an impressive achievement of engineering and art.
• Reporting at Fergusson College gate at 6:00am.Depart by bus by 6:30am
• Arrive around 9:30am at the base of the fort. Have breakfast enroute. Climb the fort. Games and activities, lunch at the top.
• Reach the base around 5:00pm. Have evening snacks and then proceed to Pune. Reach Pune around 8:30 pm
Cost is Rs 700 per person
Travel by Non Ac Bus
Breakfast and evening snacks
Games and activities
Basic Medical Aid
Minimum 2 Outdoor Experts
Cost does not include:
Lunch and meals during travel
Personal expenses such as mineral water, telephone, drinks, laundry, etc
Medical ,hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
Insurance of any kind
Any item not covered under the head ‘The cost includes’
Things to Carry:
• Identity Card
• Wear comfortable clothes like T shirt and track pants.
• Good sports shoes
• Participants must bring their lunch
• Water bottle
• Personal Medicines if any
• Bring your stuff in a medium haver sack.
• Please note Rains are expected, so pack yr bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags