We Swachhand have arranged a trek to “Gorakhgad ” Near to Murbad on 09th June,2013
Duration: Dt. 09.06.2012 (Journey Starts on 08.06.2012 at 10.00 pm )
Meeting point : Dt. 08.06.2012 Kalyan Bus Depot Near Inquiry Counter at 10.00 p.m.
Mode of Transport: PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Brief Introduction about Trek :-
Type : Hill forts Fort Range : Karjat District : Thane Grade : Medium
Gorakhgad…A beautiful route via Dehri To Gorakhgad having dence forest cover in a great monsoon. Strategic importance was there during the reign of RAJE SHIVAJI , where no major battle recorded to have taken place here. The fort is named from Saint Gorakshnath who performed his Sadhna in this place.
Two hours climb from Dehari Village will take us to a spacious cave which can easily accommodate about 50 people. Reaching up to the caves is quite an easy trek. Spacious cave to have a stay is another attraction of Gorakhgad. On the right side one can spot Naneghat, Jivdhan and the entire range with it's various columns jutting out and on the left side the vast Konkan plains. The main attraction however is the awesome pinnacle of Machindra right in front.
The trek to Gorakhgad is not complete without reaching the top of the pinnacle, facing the pinnacle proceed ahead towards right of the caves. However, if one wishes to go to the top in the temple, then one will have to be a bit careful covering the rest patch! It's a thrill……enjoy it!
Reaching the top of the Gorakhgad is a nice thrill that one should enjoy, The view around, is Wonderful…Siddhagad in the south-west and Naneghat, Jivdhan, Dhakoba in the east, offers a nice panorama. On the top there is a Small Mahadev temple with nandi .
Things To be Carried Along with:
● Identity Card, ● A haversack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has one hands free while walking ● Comfortable shoes, sandals ● Extra Pair of Clothes ● Towel/Napkins etc. ● Sleeping mat ● windcheaters, Raincoats, Umbrellas ● Torch with Extra cells ● Some ready to eat food ● Water bottle 02 Liters ● Lunch for SUNDAY i.e. 09TH JUNE,2013 (Must) ● Polythene bag for your garbage ● 2-3 bunch of News-papers ● Medicine those if u require usually ● Camera – Optional
** Please note Rains are expected, so pack yr bags accordingly to save them from getting wet. Double pack your valuables in plastic bags
*** The cost for the trek is Rs 320/- per head
Includes…Traveling from Kalyan to Kalyan via Public Transport,
Tea Breakfast and evening refreshments during the Trek
Not included Anything not mentioned above • Personal orders of food & cold drinks
For Details & Registration Contact our members at:
Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828,
Ganesh Bhopalgade 9619669104,
Sachin Shirawale 9321507040,
Pravin Ghude 9920404522,
Rules / Instructions for the participants and members:
- Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
- Anyone above 12 years can Join the Trek
- Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Bookings for all treks shall close two (2) days before the event date. For treks, where a private vehicle is booked bookings shall close four (4) days in advance. Bookings shall strictly be on first come first serve basis.
- Each participant shall carry things as above (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Trek leaders have the authority to alter/modify the program/route without intimation.
- The participants are advised not to wander off from the trail. Always listen to leaders for instructions and stay with the entire group throughout.
- We all are committed to keep the trail clean and urges all participants to help the cause by not littering during the trek. Keep all the waste with you and even if you find some waste, collect it and deposit at the base village at the end of the trek.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. drinking etc.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Participants should inform the leaders if they suffer from any heart ailments, blood pressure, asthma etc. If the leaders are not informed and any untoward incident takes place, neither the leaders not Swachhand Team will be held responsible.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any mishaps/accidents during the program. Or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Please read above Instructions/ rules and regulations. You are bound by the same.
- Print and leave a copy of this mail at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
- If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,