Like every year, Before moving to Himalayan range, we have scheduled our final practice hike of Bhimashankar on Saturday 20th July 2013.
Bhimashankar, near karjat, Maharashtra state is a well-known hike as well as a famous religious place as it is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines in India. Bhimashankar Temple is a buzzing temple with beautiful architecture. Bhimashankar trek is more of endurance rather than a typical hike. The Bhimashankar trek to the top goes through beautiful jungles, cliffs, plains and some thrilling patches.
The trekking details are:
Date : 20th July 2013.
Duration : 2 Day
Difficulty Level : 1 (Very Easy)
Base Village : Khandas, Karjat.
Height: 3296 ft.
Route: Pune/Mumbai – Karjat – Khandas – Bhimashankar – Khandas – Pune/Mumbai .
Reporting Point: Karjat Stn by 8:00 a.m. on 20th July 2013.
• Preferred Train from Pune: SINHAGAD EXP (11010) (See Below timing details)
• Preferred Local Train: First Local Karjat (See Below local timing details)
• Karjat to Khandas Village 35 km Journey by private vehicle (Jeep / Six Seater).
• Khandas Village to Bhimashankar via Sidhi Ghat.
• Breakfast by 9.00 a.m. at Khandas Village
• Lunch by 2 p.m. at Bhimashankar.
• Exploring on the route Jungle, peak Bhimashankar and Gupta Pind.
• Dinner and Overnight stay at Bhimashankar.
• Trek descending Return Journey to Khandas Village from Bhimashankar by 7 a.m. on 21st July.
• After refreshment at Khandas village start for Return Journey to Karjat by 11 a.m.
• We will come back by 2.00pm at Mumbai/Pune Rly. Station on 21st July 2013.
People coming from Pune –
SINHAGAD EXP (11010)
PUNE JN – 06:05 a.m. – KARJAT – 07:58 a.m.
People coming from Mumbai –
Mumbai CST 5:18 am
Dadar 5:36 am
Kurla 5:47 am
Bhandup 6:04 am
Thane 6:14 am
Dombivili 6:36 am
Kalyan 6:46 am
Ambarnath 6:58 am
Badlapur 7:06 am
Karjat 7:40 am
Things To Carry:
• A Water Bottle (minimum 2 Ltrs)
• Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don’t want to wet
• Camera, Cell Phone (Optional)
• 1 Bed Sheet and Shawl
• 1 torch (if u have any pls bring)
• Lunch Box, Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
• Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
• Extra Pair of clothes,
• Small Knife, Spoon, plate
• Good trekking shoes/sandal,
• A haversack to put all these things.
Pls avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
The Estimated initial expenditure is about Rs. 500/ –
For confirmation pls reply. Please let us know if you have any queries.
Anil Gandhi: 09892237990
Mangesh Godse (Pune): 09321486244
Jai Bholenath !!!