Hello to all the enthusiastic trekkers,
Swachhand have organized the Monsoon Trek to – “IRSHALGAD near to Panvel” Dt.16th June,2013
Duration: 16th June,2013 ( One Day Trek)
Mode of Transport: Local Transport
Meeting point: 16th June,2013 At Karjat Rly Station at 08.00 am (platform No. 1 below indicator).
(All are requested to please take your KARJAT RETURN TRAIN TICKET)
You can board the train at the station convenient to you & alight at Karjat Station as per below train timings
Cst 05.19 am
Cst 05.40 am
Dadar 05.37 am
Dadar 05.58 am
Kurla 05.48 am
Kurla 06.09 am
Thane 06.14 am
Thane 06.35 am
Dombivali 06.36 am
Dombivali 06.57 am
Kalyan 06.45 am
Kalyan 07.07 am
Neral 07.22 am
Neral 07.44 am
Karjat 07.38 am
Karjat 08.00 am
Little about the Trek:
Height: 3700 feet above MSL (Approx) Grade: Medium
Base Village: Chowk –Irshalwadi Dist: Thane
Irshaalgad is a fort situated in the Karjat Region. Other forts in this region include Prabalgad and Malanggad. Actually Irshal is not a fort but it’s a pinnacle. This is the reason why it hardly figures anywhere in history. Shivaji Maharaj captured the complete region of Kalyan and Bhiwandi, up to Rairi in May 1666. This fort too, must have come under the Maratha rule at that time. Irshal is the next-door neighbour to Prabalgad. As mentioned above, Irshal is a pinnacle. There is a water tank on the route from the Irshal plateau to the peak. From there, we reach the needle hole near the top through a simple rock-climbing route. Proceeding little ahead, we see a water tank to the left and a cave to the right. This water is suitable for drinking. The route, which climbs up from near the needle hole goes to the top of the pinnacle. To reach the top of the pinnacle, it is essential to have artificial rock climbing equipment. From the top we can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad.
The itinerary for the trek is as given below:
Date – 16th June,2013
08.00 am Meeting point at Karjat Railway Station
08.15 am: Move towards Base Village of Irsahl Gad by Tumtum / bus
09.15 am: Round of Introduction, Instructions, Morning Breakfast
09.30 am: Start the Trek
11.00 am: at Irsahlwadi – a Small break at the Village
12.15 pm: Atop at Irsahlgad at nedhe (Natural Hole) Exploration and Lunch Time
02.00 pm: Decend towards base village
04.30 pm: Reach at Base village Have some Snacks,Tea and Move Towards Karjat Station
(We shall reach Mumbai by 08.00-08.30 pm tentatively)
Things to be carried:
●Identity Card, ●Some ready to eat food, ● Water bottle 02 Liters, ● Lunch for Sunday i.e.16th June,2013(Must),●Polythene bag for your garbage,●Towel, Napkins, Extra pair of cloths ● Medicine those if u require usually, ● Comfortable shoes, sandals, ● 2-3 bunch of papers,● A haver sacks to put in all the things to be carried… so that one has one hands free while walking, ● Camera – Optional
** Cost for Trek: Rs. 250/- Per person
Cost Inclusions: * Karjat to Karjat Transportation via Public Transport,
* Tea, Breakfast, Snacks, Medical during the Trek
* Expertise charges
Cost Exclusions: * Lunch for Sunday i.e.16/06/2013 & * Personal orders of food & cold drinks
For More Details & Registration Contact our members at:
Pravin Ghude 9920404522,
Rushikesh Sakhare 9967686828,
Ganesh Bhopalgade 9619669104,
Sachin Shirawale 9321507040
General Rules for the participants and members:-
- Kindly carry Identity proof for the trek.
- Anyone above 12 years can Join the Trek
- Please book your seat (name) well in advance and reconfirm the time and date on the day of departure on phone because program may change due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Each participant shall carry things as above (Please read Things to Carry) for every trek.
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archeological, historical monuments.
- Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, ex. drinking etc.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- Please read above rules and regulations. You are bound by the same.
- Print and leave a copy of this mail at home, with a friend or relative in case of Emergency.
- If your friends/relatives coming with you on the trek please do inform them about the trek Rules above. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR, There will be ample of enjoyment but not at the cost of discipline.
Thanks and Regards,