Backpack Outdoors has arranged yet another thrilling activity – Waterfalll Rappeling.
Excellent for beginners, and equally exciting for the experienced ones.
Duration: 1 day
Batch 1: Saturday 13thJuly 2013
Batch 2: Saturday 3thAugust 2013
Assemble: 6.00 am @ Pune Station
Departure: 6.30am (Sharp) by Local train.
Region : Malavali (near Lonavala)
Difficulty Level : Medium (Thrilling) ….. (Excellent for Beginners)
Endurance Level : Medium
Age Group: 13 yrs to 60 yrs
Contribution: Rs 400/- (Pune to Pune).
For Mumbai: Details will be out soon.
Includes: Transport by Local Trains, Morning Breakfast & Tea, Evening Tea, All Safety Equipment and Rappelling activity charges, First Aid (if needed) and Outdoor Experts.
Excludes: Lunch and anything that is not mentioned in Includes.
Return: 8.00pm (approx +/- 30 min)
6.00 am: Assemble @ Pune Station
6.30 am: Sharp – Departure by local train.
7.30 am: Reach Malavali station (before lonavala) & Start Trek towards Bhaje village.
8.00 am: Breakfast & Tea.
8.30 am: Start small hike to Reach Waterfall – Rappelling start point. Followed by Briefing & Safety instructions.
10.00 am: Waterfall Rappelling Session begins.
1.00 pm: Lunch break (to be brought by participants).
2.00 pm: Waterfall Rappelling Session continues
5.00 pm: Return to base & Evening Tea
5.30 pm: Walk till Malavali to Board evening Local.
6.30 pm: Start Return Journey.
8.00pm: Expected Arrival in Pune (approx +/- 30 min).
Rappelling is an exciting & thrilling technique used in mountaineering to descend steep slopes and mountain cliffs. This activity is conducted by Backpack Outdoors at various locations, which gives its participants an opportunity to experience the adventure and thrill. For this, high quality ropes and adventure sports devices such as Harness, carabineers, descenders, ATC etc. are used to ensure personal safety.
Waterfall Rappelling is rappelling through a waterfall or along side of a waterfall, depending on the force of the waterfall.
Things to carry:
1. Packed Lunch.
2. A ‘Backpack’ or a haversack (please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek with them)
3. Shoes are must – Good quality Trekking /Sports.
4. Minimum 3 litres of water.
5. Personal medication (If required). Basic First Aid will be available.
6. Cap & Rain cover
7. Extra pair of clothes to change
8. Camera (Optional)
9. Torch with extra batteries (Just in case)
10. Emergency Food like biscuits, plum cakes, chocolates etc.
** Double pack your valuables in plastic bags to avoid getting wet.
To register for any event following steps can be followed
1. Payment of Fees:
Kindly refer Payment procedure to make the payment for any event.
2. Filling up for registration form:
- For every event, the Event registration form should be filled, available on our website, www.backpackoutdoors.in
- Separate forms to be filled for each participant.
- The form will ask for payments made, kindly provide the payment details as – Transaction ID for online transfers or cash payments references and Amounts paid.
* Kindly make the payment before filling the event registration form.
PAYMENT PROCEDURE Payment can be made in the following ways
1. Online Transfer :
Payments can be made directly through online bank transfer to our account. The details are as follows;
Bank of India
Current A/c No. – 052320110000298
IFSC code – BKID0000523
Kothrud (Gujarat colony) Branch, Pune.
Payments can also be made in cash or cheque in the name of “BACKPACK OUTDOORS” at our office.
2, Jeevan Heights,
M. I. T. College road,
Rambaug colony, Paud road,
Kothrud, Pune. 411038
Office Timings: 6 pm – 9.30 pm
** Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees is done and registration form is filled.
Thanks and Regards,
Team BACKPACK OUTDOORS