Waterfall Rappelling at Kondana Cave with OffBeat Sahyadri
We invite you for an adventurous journey of rappelling through the gigantic waterfall at Kondana cave.
Batch A : 13th July 2014
- Location: Kondhana Cave ( Karjat ).
- Height: Approx 110 feet
- Grade: Medium
Rappelling is a quick way of descending heights using adventure gear and involves sliding down the ropes. The speed of descend is controlled by the friction. Proper belay support makes this event 100% safe.
Waterfalls always fascinate us. Don’t they? Every monsoon we visit number of waterfalls to get drenched. It feels amazing when the water hits our body with the speeding force.
Imagine how exciting it will be to walk down the waterfall and experiencing the trill, the force, the pressure and the adventure.
It gives the most incredible feeling of success and accomplishment when you touch the ground, overcoming all your fears of height or water.
The itinerary for the Event is as given below:
Meeting point for Mumbaikars as well as Punekars:
Meeting point : Karjat Station 08.00 am on event date
- 09:00 am : Reach Base Village, introduction, Instruction, Demo
- 10:30 am : start rappelling turn by turn
- 01:30 pm : Lunch Break, start activity immediately after lunch
- 05:30 pm : wind up, evening refreshments
- 06:30 pm : Departure to Mumbai
- Reaching Mumbai by 09:30 – 10:30 pm tentatively.
Rs 800/- per head which includes
Travelling Charges from Karjat to Karjat.
Lunch , Breakfast and evening refreshments.
Extra Rapel Rs.500/- and will be permitted only after every person has done with his first chance.
For registration kindly transfer Rs 800/- per head in the following A/c
Union Bank Account No 369102010801696
Branch : Juhu Tara Mumbai
In the Name of Ms Priti P Patel
IFSC Code : UBIN0536911
Bank : BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account No 60001946765
Branch: Camp, Pune
In the Name of Zeenat Sikilkar
IFSC Code: MAHB0000076
Note: Registrations through phone calls only..
After transaction please email us transaction id along with participants details (name, email and mobile number) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please wear full covering cloths and shoes it provides better protection from insects and scratches.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Ready to eat snacks
Registration or queries:
Zeenat : 9860636757 / 8237630820
Priti : 9987990300
Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury andabsolute comfort then we can hardly help them. 😉
Offbeat sahyadri believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
We do expect our offbeater friends to understand group dynamics and leave athome their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself becomes unforgettable! Trust us on this.
1) Absofreakinglutely no littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throwgarbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses? J.
2) Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital N O= NO!
3) Remember, the mountain has a mind of his own. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true.
1) It is fun to interact and get to know people from different walks of life. Feel free to take the opportunity to expand your social circles.
2) Share water and food. Nothing else is a better ice breaker than being offered water or a bite of your sandwich!
3) Care for your fellow trekkers. It is not nice to be self centered and unamicable.
1) The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
2) Simply put, st
ay with the group. Do not rush far too ahead or lag too behind. We understand that everyone has a different stamina and we try to keep the group bound together.
3) Do not wander off from the main trail. Whenever there is no established trail, strictly stay with the group. Be within the sight of the person ahead of you and the one behind you. It helps.
4) One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all offbeaters.
5) Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Team OffBeat Sahyadri