Nature trail to Kaas plateau ” The Plateau of Flowers ”
21st September 2014
Dear OffBeaters ,
We invite you to a nature trail to the most colorful plateau, Kaas plateau on 21st September 2014.
Type : Flower plateau in satara
Height : 3000 ft above msl approx
Grade : Nature Trail
Base Village : Kaas
People who are keen about nature, flora and fauna this is the place for you.
Situated at 25 km from the satara city, Kaas is the place where 100s of varieties of flowers blossom in this season turning the plateau into beds of different colours. It looks like carpets of flowers laying on the ground, yellow carpets of Smithia and Sonki flowers, Pink carpets of Balsam, Purple carpets of Karvi and many more….. The color of the carpets keeps on changing with time depending on the dominant flowers at the time.
Looking over the water catchment area of the huge koyna Dam, it blends with the lush green forest in the protected area.
The best place to appreciate natures beauty, and and heaven for macro photographers, its a must visit place for all nature lovers.
Wide availability of flowers, nectar attract insects which feed on them and they attract birds which feed on them. Birds like Crested Buntings, Malabar Crested Larks, Oriental White-eyes, Bonelli’s Eagle and commonly sighted at Kaas.
span style="font-weight: normal;">
Instead of visiting the crowded places with loads of picnickers like Thoseghar waterfall, sajjangad ect we would rather prefer to visit pateshwar, an offbeat location, scenic and isolated from crowd.
The itinerary for the trail is as given below:
Meeting Point :
Swaminarayan temple Dadar 11.00 pm one day prior to the event date
04.30 am SataraBreakfast
07.00 am : Kaas Plateau
11.00 am : Site seeing, Photography, Valley exploration
12.00 pm : Visit to Kaas Lake (optional)
01.00 pm : Lunch
01.30 pm : Visit Sajjangad / Thosegar Waterfall
03.30 pm : Start Return journey
Evening refreshment on the way
09.30 pm tentatively reach Mumbai .
Contribution for the trip is Rs 1700/- per head which includes
Traveling from Mumbai to Mumbai by a private vehicle,
Breakfast, Lunch and evening refreshments
Minimum Pax size : 15
For registration kindly transfer Rs 1700/- per head in the following A/c
Union Bank Account No 369102010801696
Branch: Juhu Tara Mumbai
In the Name of Ms Priti P Patel
A/c Type : Saving a/cIFSC Code: UBIN0536911
Bank : BANK OF MAHARASHTRA
Account No 60001946765
Branch: Camp, Pune
In the Name of Zeenat Sikilkar
IFSC Code: MAHB0000076
Note: Registrations through phone calls only.
After transaction please email us transaction id along with participants details (name, email, mobile number and pickup point) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1623614353191.88314.1321443894&type=1
Check list :
Please wear full covering cloths and shoes it provides better protection from insects and scratches.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables in plastic bags.
Chilly winds blow at kaas plateau, carry windcheater, shawl, thermals.
Identity Proof (must)
Water 2 liters (must)
Change of cloths
Ready to eat snacks
Good covering footwear
Please go through Rules and Regulation before registration
Registration or queries:
Priti : 9987990300
Rajas : 9664782503
Zeenat : 9860636757
Sagar : 9930100536
Rules and regulations.
Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury and absolute comfort then we can hardly help them. 😉
Offbeat sahyadri believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
We do expect our offbeater friends to understand group dynamics and leave at home their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself becomes unforgettable! Trust us on this.
Now some basic codes.
1) Absofreakinglutely no littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throw garbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses? J.
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE!
2) Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital N O= NO!
3) Remember, the mountain has a mind of his own. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true.
With fellow trekkers.
1) It is fun to interact and get to know people from different walks of life. Feel free to take the opportunity to expand your social circles.
2) Share water and food. Nothing else is a better ice breaker than being offered water or a bite of your sandwich!
3) Care for your fellow trekkers. It is not nice to be self centered and unamicable.
For your own safety
1) The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
2) Simply put, stay with the group. Do not rush far too ahead or lag too behind. We understand that everyone has a different stamina and we try to keep the group bound together.
3) Do not wander off from the main trail. Whenever there is no established trail, strictly stay with the group. Be within the sight of the person ahead of you and the one behind you. It helps.
4) One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all offbeaters.
5) Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Team OffBeat Sahyadri