Duration: 1 day
Date: Sunday 14th December 2014
Assemble: 5.45 am @ McDonalds J M Road
Departure: 6.00am (Sharp) by Private Bus
Region: Ghatghar (near Junnar)
Difficulty Level: Medium (Adventurous rock climbs)
Endurance Level: Medium
Contribution: Rs 750/- (Pune to Pune)
Includes: Transport by private vehicle, Morning Breakfast, Evening Refreshments and Tea, Safety Equipment, First Aid (if needed) and Expertise.
Excludes: Lunch and anything that is not mentioned.
Transport Route: McDonalds J M Road, Deccan – F.C. Road – Nashik Phata – Narayangaon – Junnar – Ghatghar – Back.
Return: 9.30pm (approx +/- 30 min)
6.00 am: Departure, Breakfast on the way.
9.30 am: Reach Ghatghar and Start Trek.
12.00 pm: Reach Jeevdhan Top. Explore fort & lunch (to be brought by participants).
1.30 pm: Start Descend.
3.30 pm: Reach Naneghat. Visit Caves. Nanacha Angatha (if time permits).
5.00 pm: Start Return Journey (Evening Refreshments and Tea on the way).
9.30pm: Expected Arrival in Pune (approx +/- 30 min).
Jeevdhan fort rises about 1145 meters (3754 ft) above sea level, is located just above Naneghat which was a historic Trade route connecting Konkan & the highlands of Junnar. The climb to the fort is very adventures. Rock face is carved in to steps to accommodate footsteps making the climbing experience thrilling. The base of the fort is full of trees and dense green. The top of the fort gives a fascinating view of the entire Junnar plateau and the konkan valley. Naneghat from the top of Jeevdhan is very beautiful and a must see sight.
Things to carry:
1. Packed Lunch.
2. A ‘Backpack’ or a haversack (please avoid zola or sling bag as it becomes difficult to trek with them).
3. Shoes are must – Good quality Trekking /Sports.
4. Minimum 3 liters of water is must (Water available on the fort may not be suitable to drink).
6. Rain cover (just in case).
7. Personal medication (If required). Basic First Aid will be available.
8. Emergency Food like biscuits, plum cakes, chocolates etc.
9. Camera (Optional).
10. Torch with extra batteries (to explore the caves on the fort).
11. Extra pair of clothes.
12. Warm jacket.
** Double pack your valuables in plastic bags to avoid getting wet in case it rains.
To register for any event following steps can be followed
1. Payment of Fees:
Kindly refer Payment procedure to make the payment for any event.
2. Filling up for registration form:
• For every event, the Event registration form should be filled.
• Separate forms to be filled for each participant.
• The form will ask for payments made, kindly provide the payment details as – Transaction ID for online transfers or cash payments references and Amounts paid.
• Kindly make the payment before filling the event registration form.
Payment can be made in the following ways
1. Online Transfer:
Payments can be made directly through online bank transfer to our account. The details are as follows;
Bank of India
Current A/c No. – 052320110000298
IFSC code – BKID0000523
Kothrud (Gujarat colony) Branch, Pune.
2. Cash/Cheque Payments:
Payments can also be made in cash or cheque in the name of “BACKPACK OUTDOORS” at our office.
2, Jeevan Heights,
M. I. T. College road,
Rambaug colony, Paud road,
Kothrud, Pune. 411038
Office Timings: 6 pm – 9.30 pm
** Please note that your registration will be confirmed only after the payment of the entire fees is done and registration form is filled.
Thanks and Regards,
Team BACKPACK OUTDOORS