LEH-LADAKH…Land of Heavenly landscapes
Leh is the land of valleys and mountain passes offering breathtaking views and panorama to remember for a lifetime! There are many passes on the way to Leh and in Leh. The most famous is the Khardung La or the Gateway to Shyok and Nubra valley. The territory of Ladakh represents some 70 per cent of area of the State of Jammu and Kashmir with the lowest density of population in the world which is less than one or two per square kilometer.
The effect of elevation and isolation amidst snowy mountains has made the countryside forbiddingly arid and produced one of the most unusual climates in the world. Burning heat during the day is normally followed by extreme cold at night and dry cold air makes you feel its presence. The average annual rainfall is less than four inches. As you drive up and down this arid, barren, sun-beaten and wind-swept countryside, you may get a peculiar feeling that you are somewhere on the lunar surface – this topography character has given Ladakh the term “Moonland”.
A place which is a Heaven for Bikers and Photographers……
Exciting Bike ride covers below places:
1. Glimpses of Chandigarh
2. Popular Hill station Manali .
2. Journey through 5 breath taking passes of the world.
3. Khardung la – The Highest Motorable road
4. Pangong Lake –Asia’s largest and beautiful lake
5. Lamayuru – the Moon Land
6. Tibetian monasteries
7. Dal Lake–The Most famous attraction of Srinagar
8. Sonmarg en route and many more beautiful-thrilling places
9. The Hemis Festival season: It is a Buddhist festival and held in commemoration of the birth
Anniversary of Guru Padmasambhava.
We also have a tempo traveler along with us for people who are not interested in the bike ride.
Day 1: 25th July
Meet at Bandra Terminus at 11.00 am Start by Train Paschim Express by .
Reach Chandigarh by . Collect bikes from the Train. Relax time/Stay in Chandigarh.
Journey start from Chandigarh to Manali – 310 Km
Stay in Manali for Acclimatization and bike servicing
Journey from Manali-Rohtang Pass- Koksar-Tandi-Keylong night stay – 120 km Ride
Journey from Keylong- Darcha – Sarchu –Pang night stay-220 km
Journey from Pang Tanglangla- Rumtse- Upashi- Leh night stay -195 km Ride
Pangong- en route visit Thiksey Monastry and Shey Palace- Night Stay at Pangong lake -160 Kms Ride
Pangong Lake to Nubra valley
Nubra valley to Ride to Khardungla and back: 80 Kms Also visit Leh Palace and Leh Local Market-Night stay
Leh to Kargil – 220 Kms Ride-Night stay Kargil
Kargil – Drass – Jojila end – Sonmarg – Gagangir – Srinagar – 210 km –Srinagar Night stay
Dal Lake, Mughal Gardens and Local Sightseeing 50-80 km- Srinagar Night stay
Journey from Srinagar – Jammu –Bike 294 Km. Bike transfers to Mumbai at Jammu- Night stay Jammu
Day 15: 8th August
Start return journey by Train from Jammu
Total Bike ride: 1900 Kms Approx.
The Expenses for the whole tour is at Actual. Which means the expense will be shared equally along with the members as well as the leaders and coordinators.
The approximate expense for the event will be INR 45000/- for bike riders and 48000/- for four wheel tourists.
1. The tour has been planned considering pillion ride.
2. Rafting at leh 750 rs extra
1. 3AC train tickets two ways
2. Accommodation on Double sharing basis in Hotels/Sharing basis in tents
3. All Meals -Veg (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
4. Local Permissions wherever necessary
5. Utility vehicle for broken down Bikes and bike accessories
6. Transportation by Jeeps for four wheel tourists
7. Bike Transportation charges (Mumbai – Chandigarh & Jammu – Mumbai)
8. All Taxes
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the Transit (Train Journey).
4. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
5. Fuel charges
6. Any air fare charges in case you don’t want to avail our Train journey facility
Note: Normally we expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, bikes should be prepared for loading luggage.
• One needs to pay Rs 20,000 as advance at the time of booking.
For more details and Registration, Please feel free to contact us on:
Name Contact Number
Things to carry:
• Bike Papers, Helmet, All necessary Bike
gears (light weight accessories like cables,
spark plugs, Wheel Tube etc) (Bike must be
• 1 Hat / Cap
• 1 Woolen cap / Balaclava.
• Warm Scarf, Pair of Woolen Gloves
• Minimum 3 – Round neck T-shirts
• 1 Fleece Sweatshirt / Sweater
• 1 Windproof Jacket
• Leggings from a Track-suit, minimum 01pair,
• Pair of sturdy sports shoes with rubber sole
• Minimum 3 pair Cotton Socks and 2 pair of
• Thermal Inners, Lower & Upper, minimum 01
• Raincoat / Poncho 01 nos.
• Full Body Towel 01 nos.
• Torch with spare batteries, 01 set
• Sunscreen lotion, minimum 30 SPF,
• Personal Medicines as specified by doctor
(Bring Diamox, Dazamide mandatory )
• Extra Pair of shoe laces
• Sleeping Bag, Umbrella
• Camera, Cam charger, Mobile Charger
• Please carry less weight and line the inside of your bags with a big polythene sheet. In rainy conditions, your clothes won’t get wet.
• Registrations are done only by phone calls and will be confirmed only after the receipt of advance.
• First come first served basis registrations.
When to book:
It is advice to make your booking at least three months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organizing your trip at least five months in advance.
(Please contact us if you require a late booking subject to availability).
In the tour/expedition of cancellation of tour/adventure activity services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reasons we must be notified of the same in writing.
Cancellation charges will b
e effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows: –
Up to 90 Days::-
85% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
Between 60 Day :-
50% of Trek/adventure program cost will be refund.
Less than 45 Days :-
Terms And Conditions
• It is up to the individual to arrange their own holiday / accident insurance & each adult would be asked to sign a liability waiver.
SPR/Giriratna Hikers hold the right to change the venue, or date, of the event.
• Event may be cancelled or postponed due to natural calamity, any system error.
• In case event place or venue is changed, SPR/Giriratna Hikers will notify same to participants by phone, web and Face book, no change in costing will be charged.
• In case of cancellation of event by SPR/Giriratna Hikers, money will be returned to those who have enrolled (without any cutting)
• All our treks are Eco-friendly treks. Kindly take care of nature. Smoking and Drinking alcohol during trek is strictly prohibited, in case anyone found during tour/trek that will be expelled from trek/tour without refund.
SPR/Giriratna Hikers is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent of SPR/Giriratna Hikers.