Region : Malshej ghat
District : Ahmednagar
Height : 4710 ft
Grade : Medium to Tuff
Duration : 2 Days/2 Nights
Approach : Khubi phata – Khireshwar – Tolar khind – Harishchandragad.
Harishchandragad is the most beautiful fort in Ahmednagar Region and most popular trekking Destinations. The fort along with Tolar khind , Malshejghat offers a lots of Trekkers. The main attraction is the kokankada which offers a spectular view of konkan. During the Rainy season you’d be walking in the clouds on this fort.
What to see on the fort :
KEDARESHWAR CAVE – This temple is marvelous example of the fine art of carving sculptures out of stones that prevailed in ancient India. The river Mangal Ganga is said to originate from one of the tanks located close to the temple.
KONKAN KADA – A huge cliff at Harishchandragad which offers spectacular view of Konkan and also the sunset.
OTHER CAVES – There are many caves on this fort.
KEDARESHWAR CAVE: In this cave there is a Shivlinga which is surrounded by ice cold water. During rainy season this cave is not accessible as there’s lot of water in the surrounding area.
TARAMATI PEAK: Also known as Taramanchi. This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the 2nd highest peak in Maharashtra. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad.
Initenary for the Trek
Day 1 15 May 2015
22:00 pm Report at Kalyan ST Stand
22:30 pm Leave for Khubi Phata (by bus)
00:30 am Reach Khubi Phata & walk towards Khireshwar (5 kms)
Night halt at Khireshwar Villages.
Day 2 16 May 2015
06:00 am Breakfast & General instruction
06:30 am starts Trek
11:30 am Reach on top of Harishchandragad. Explore, Rest & Lunch.
14:00 pm Visit to Kokan Kada & Explore Photography & back to cave. Dinner & Night Stay in
The cave near Temple.
Day 3 17 May 2015
06:00 am Wake up & Breakfast
07:00 am Visit to Taramati & Back to the Temple
08:30 am Start Descending Harishchandragad
13:00 pm Reach Khireshwar Villages & have lunch
15:00 pm Leave for Khubi Phata & Proceed towards Kalyan
20:00 pm Disperse at Kalyan ST Stand.
Note : This cost of the Event is Rs.1300.
Inclusive : Travelling from Kalyan to Kalyan, 2 Breakfast. 2 Veg Lunch, Evening Tea. 1 Veg Dinner, Pearl Trek and Tours charges.
Deposit full Amount in following A/C……
Bank of Maharashtra
Name – Michael D’souza
A/C – Saving Account no : 68016753951
IFSC Code – MAHB0001825
Branch – Naigaon (East) 01825
List of Items to carry
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
4. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
3. Please avoid wearing gold and other jewelry (at own risk). Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. Participation contribution is Non Refundable and NOT transferable. We shall travel together as a group.
We all are going for an adventurous activity. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking . For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains.
Cancellation and Refund:
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
For Registrations Mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
or call on : MICHAEL D’SOUZA : 9833435293 / 7768066209.
LAST DAY TO REGISTER IS 11 MAY 2015.