Posted: 21 Aug 2015 05:30 PM PDT
Dukes Nose is a huge pinnacle near Lonavala. It is also known as Naagphani. Though the peak seems almost inaccessible, the trek route is pretty simple. To make the outing more exciting, we’d be taking the waterfall route up-til the base.
Date: 22nd Aug, Sat
Meeting point: Pune Station
Time: 0600 hrs
We’ll board the Lonavala Local, which has stops at various intermediate stations. One can board the train from Shivaji nagar, Khadki, pimpri, chinchwad etc.
You can meet directly at Lonavala station at 0800 hrs
After alighting at Lonavala, we’ll have snacks at station and will start trek towards Khandala. We’ll enter a jungle trail from there, then the waterfall route will begin taking us directly to the base of Dukes Nose.
We’d have lunch at the base village after finishing up and then move to Lonavala on local public vehicle. Catch the Pune local by nightfall.
Fee: Rs. 400
Includes local train tickets, base village to Lonavala, Lunch, expertise
Excludes breakfast, anything which is not mentioned
For Mumbai people: Rs. 350
Please register by 19th Aug, Wednesday.
Fee thereafter, Rs. 450 and Rs. 400 for Pune and Mumbai folks respectively
– Please come in proper trekking attire and trekking/sports shoes
– Carry extra pair of clothing, towel etc.
– Carry some snacks and 2L water
– Poly bags to protect electronic items
– Carry personal medicines, first aid
– Do not participate if not well or injured
– Please inform us if you have any medical condition
– DO NOT LITTER
– Trek fee is non refundable
– One has to follow the guidelines by the trek lead at all times, failing which may result in exclusion from the event.
– Smoking/Drinking prohibited
Note: It is an adventure activity, we do take all the precautions for safety and timings but, things may go off-schedule a bit due to weather, injuries or other emergency situations. Please enjoy the trek and be a team. Trek leads decision would be final.
Please contact/ping team RACE for more queries:
The post Dukes Nose Trek | Waterfall route | 22nd Aug appeared first on Pune Trekking Network.