– See more at: http://www.punehikers.org/2015/08/pune-hikes-upcoming-treks-august.html#sthash.70mFFPxj.dpuf
Posted: 11 Sep 2015 05:30 PM PDT
We started our ‘Wild wind cave expedition’ this year with pure intention of bringing exposure to the basic life. Sleeping in a cave with the warmth from a bonfire scarcely reminded us the fight for survival, but even more than that it gave a smashing blow to our whole personality.. yes, after a day long trek the rock bed in the cave feels like the best bed you ever slept on.
Our next expedition takes us to Naneghat (Literal translation – coin pass and ideally Toll check pass). This pass used to be an ancient trade route between Konkan and Marathwada in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra, India. During the reign of the Satavahana (200 BCE–190 CE), the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar.
Date: Sept 12th (Saturday) Day 1
Our private bus will do the pick up, locations (TBA):
6:30 am – 8:30 am Pick ups
9:00 am leave Pune city
Reach Naneghat cave and stay in the cave or camping tents.
Date: Sept 13th (Sunday) Day 2
Morning trek to Jivdhan Fort
Reach base by afternoon and head back to Pune.
Reach Pune by 7:00 pm.
Trip Duration: 2 days 1 night.
Cost: INR 2000 per person.
• Travel and toll: Pick up and drop off from our selected pick up points.
• Meals covered on the trip: Dinner on day 1, breakfast and lunch on day 2.
• Camping gear – Sleeping bags, air pillows. (You can also carry your own bedding, one blanket per person compulsory)
• Mineral water for drinking throughout the trip.
• Tour guides and camp leaders all along the trip.
• Medical assistance if required.
• Personal expenses (beverages, snacks, equipment)
• Personal medication
• Breakfast and lunch on day one and anything else besides breakfast and lunch on day 2.
Things to carry: Its monsoon season, be prepared to get wet in the rains.
Please carry light colored full body clothing, jackets, track pants, pullovers.
Good hiking or sports shoes
Caps and Hats
Sunglasses and sunscreen
Munchies and personal snacks
One liter water bottle
Blanket or bed sheet.
Please take care of all your belongings.
Notify us immediately in case of any medical emergency.
Any one found under the influence of drugs or narcotics will be requested to leave the trip immediately, without any refund.
Adventure camping and outdoor sports/ recreation is purely for nature lovers and not for party groups; we respect nature and do our best to spread the awareness about wilderness preservation.
Campsite stay requests all enthusiasts to maintain silence post 11:00 pm
For Bookings and enqu
iry please contact Rohan – 7350064961.
Looking forward to seeing you all,
Team Rivers and Ridges
The post Wild wind cave expedition – Naneghat – Jivdhan trek appeared first on Pune Trekking Network.