Ancient Ladakh Drive to the Top
Departure: 18th August, 2008.
18th Aug: Bombay – Delhi… Departure from Bombay to Delhi by Train (Rajdhani / August Kranti Express)
19th Aug: Reach Delhi. Check into Youth Hostel / Hotel for refreshment and couple of hours free time for shopping. Leave for Manali by Volvo Bus at 17.30 hrs. (575 kms)
20th Aug: Reach Manali check in to hotel. Afternoon local sight seeing at Manali. O/N Manali.
21st Aug: Solang Nala Site seeing & Visit to Manali shopping Mall. Rest of the day at leisure. Get ready for the long mountain journey ahead. O/N Manali.
22nd Aug: Manali – Rohtang Pass- Jispa / Keylong. O/N Jispaj / Keylong.
23rd Aug: Jispa – Sarchu via Baralacha Pass (4850 meters), an arduous high mountain pass. Drive on to Sarchu (4200 meters), and check into the tented camp. O/N Sarchu.
24th Aug: Sarchu – Leh (By Road 275 kms – approx. 8 hours)… Drive to Leh. Reach Leh in the evening. O/N Leh.
25th Aug: In and around Leh – Morning sightseeing at Leh. Visit Shey, Thiksey, Stok Palace, Spituk, Shanti Stupa and Shankar Gompa. O/N Leh.
26th Aug: Leh – Pangong Lake – Leh… Visit to Pangong Lake. O/N Leh
27th Aug: Leh-Khardung La – Leh… Excursion to Khardung-la (18,380 ft.), one of the highest motorable roads in the world. En-route we have a magnificent view of the surrounding mountains which includes Parcha Khangri, Stok Khangri etc. O/N Leh
28th Aug: Leh – Local site seeing and day at leisure. O/N Leh.
29th Aug: Leh – Delhi Flight… Early Morning depart for airport to board flight to Delhi. On arrival check in to Youth Hostel / Hotel in the evening board train for Bombay (August Kranti / Rajdhani Express)
30th Aug: Arrive in Bombay approx 10:15 am.
Cost per person on twin sharing basis –
29,000/- + Air fare from Leh to Delhi
Registration amount: Rs. 10,000/- (Non Refundable & included in total fees) + Air Fare charge (Leh-Delhi).
Bombay – Delhi – Bombay by 3-tier A/C Train.
Delhi – Manali by AC Volvo
Manali – Leh & Site Seeing by Maxi Cab (min. 11 adults) or Qualis (min. 6 adults)
Accommodation on twin-sharing basis in A Class Hotels & Swiss Tented Campsite at Sarchu. (except during transit period in Delhi)
All Vegetarian Buffet Meals ( Breakfast / Lunch / Evening Tea + Biscuits / Dinner )
Bombay-Delhi-Bombay travel by 3-tier A/C Train.
Delhi – Manali by A/C Volvo Bus.
Manali – Leh by Non AC Maxi cab with 12 seats or Qualis / Scorpio with 6 persons per vehicle.
Complete site-seeing by non-A/c private vehicles.
* All Vegetarian Buffet Meals as mentioned (Breakfast / Lunch / Evening Tea + Biscuits / Dinner)
Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Hotels / Campsites.
Inner line permits.
All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
Personal expenses of any kind such as laundry, tips, camera/video fees, beverages etc.
Insurance, Tips, Porters, Phone calls, bottled water, aerated drinks etc.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the Cost Includes column above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like Road blocks, bad weather.
* Wear comfortable full cotton casual top and full cotton trouser.
* Wear good rubber-soled shoes.
Carry a back-pack with….
* Sunhat & Sun glasses with retainers
* Chocolates and dry fruits as pocket snacks
* Water bottle with water (minimum 2 lts per person, per day)
* Toilet Paper & kit
* Personal Photo Identity (Compulsory)
* Personal Medication (if any)
* Camera with sufficient batteries and film / memory cards (optional)
* Binoculars (optional)
* T-shirts, Shirts, Track-pants, Trousers
* Woolens & Thermals
* Hand Gloves / Mittens
* Head lamp or torch with spare batteries.
* Mosquito Repellent.
* Rain Sheet.
* Wind Cheater.
* Floaters. ( Footwear )
For further information and purchase of adventure equipment please visit www.OutdoorTravelGear.com
Who can go on the trip??…. Anyone who is capable of taking care of oneself and is not suffering from any life-threatening disease. You should also be ready to pack light and be able to carry your own luggage. People with ailments of the heart, blood pressure, etc. are advised not to consider this trip.
* The cost mentioned is for Indian Citizens only. Foreigners and NRIs will have to pay extra wherever required.
* We will try our best to follow the above mentioned itinerary. However, there may be certain last-minute changes to the itinerary due to factors which remain out of our control.
* Child above 12 years are eligible for the trip & will be charged full amount.
* For Cancellation / Booking policy, please get in touch.
* The ecology of the wilderness is very fragile. Be eco-friendly. Littering is strictly banned.
* This is not an ordinary trip. It is ideal for those who travel to learn, grow and enjoy nature, not rest and shop.
* The difficulty level of this trip is very subjective. Weather conditions, physical condition, possible health problems and other factors can have an important influence on the way you experience the trip.
* The trip is subjected to various parameters. We advise participants to pack only curiosity and leave expectations at home.
* Electricity in Leh is unreliable.
* No room service is available.
* This journey will cross high altitude passes over 17000 ft above sea level. Travelers need to be physically and mentally prepared for this adventure trip. Kinldy consult your Doctor for the same.
* For team safety, please inform us if participants have any history of serious illness, injury or are on any medication.
Kindly contact us for any further details and enrolment procedure.
the adventure begins here…!!
207, Hanuman Industrial Estate,
G.D.Ambekar Marg, Wadala,
Mumbai – 400031. INDIA
Tel: (022) 6663 5228 / 2412 2030
Related Link: www.OutdoorTravelGear.com