Date: 9th Aug 2009
Kalsubai is situated in the Balaghat range. At an altitude of nearly 5500 ft, it is the highest peak in the Sahyadris. Hence it is also referred to as ‘The Mt.Everest of the Sahyadris’. Kalsubai has Ratangad, Harishchandragad, Alang-gad, Madangad and Kulang-gad as its neighbours. On clear days, we get great views of these forts from the top. A small temple dedicated to Kalsubai is situated on the top.
What to look forward to on this trek…
Kalsubai peak /temple on top.
The roaring winds and the sheer altitude make it a must-see during the monsoon.
A ‘well’ on top which has water all round the year.
Bhandardara dam / reservoir.
Saturday, Aug 8th:
10:30pm – Nr. Indraprastha Shopping Centre, Borivali (w)
11:30pm – Nr. Vishwa Mahal Hotel, Mulund (w)
We reach the base village of Bari, at 5:00am on 9th morning.
After tea we start the climb by 6:00.
Reach the top by 10 – 10:30. (Breakfast on the way)
Packed lunch at 11:00.
After lunch we start our descent and reach Bari village by 3:00pm
Travel by bus to Bhandardara dam. Enjoy the view! Tea/Snacks at Bhandardara.
Start return journey by 5pm. Back in Mumbai by 10:00pm
Contribution per person is Rs.550/-(Advance Rs.300/-)
This includes tea, breakfast, lunch, snacks and private transport
1. All our treks are eco-friendly treks, kindly take care of nature around us.
2. Confirmation of names for participation is subject to payment of advance.
3. Organizers are not responsible for safety of any of valuable items of participants.
4. Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation.
5. For two day treks: Water Bottle, Torch, Shoes, Extra set of clothes, chaddar / shawl, carry mat, towel, personal medicine, etc.
For further details & booking contact:
Santosh Bhide : 99306 60731 Akshay Mulye : 98192 12975